Adding a a figure to my loaded encouter freezes the app

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Motdc
Captain

Adding a a figure to my loaded encouter freezes the app

Post by Motdc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 am

Adding a a figure to my loaded encouter freezes the app.

I've been building my HQ encounter, and I finally found/modified something I can use as a Fimir and went back to add a figure to my bestiary. Upon doing so the customization dialog pops up as normal but then failes to respond. Because I had focused on my figures first, and had then moved on I don't know at what point this behavior started.

Further, I cannot dismiss the dialog or the app as a whole. Only killing the process was able to get out of the app. I repeated this several times. I also tried loading that graphic in a default session of BRGP and it worked. I also loaded another random graphic in my encounter and it also locks up the app.

Please help! :cry:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:53 am

Any chance you've run out of game sprites? Do you have many hundreds of units on the map? Or, do you have many many units named the same with a number suffix (e.g. Goblin 1, Goblin 2, .... Goblin 170)?

Does this occur even after relaunching the program?

Can you email me your Encounter file?

Does the Escape key get you out of the stuck mode?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Motdc
Captain

Post by Motdc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:18 pm

I've got a map. I've got one of each figure (about 20). I've got a card deck with about 40 cards in it. And I've got a few areas drawn in with the drawing tool.

It is repeatable, yes.

Escape does not get you out, only killing the process AFAIK.

Email on the way in moments.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:37 am

In case anyone else was following this, it turns out that BRPG's auto-naming feature was locking up, due to a unit name ending in a number way above the expected range. Renaming the unit restored normal operation.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.