Script Error?

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Script Error?

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:40 am

I've recently began experiencing a Script error popup, I tell it to continue and all "seems" well... but curious as to the cause.... I have recently installed several new art packs... could one be a culprit? The only connection I can see that causes it to occur with regularity is switching ownership of a token from the GM to Everyone..... Thoughts?

heruca
Developer

Re: Script Error?

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:31 am

Is this during an online session with other players logged in? If so, do the players all have the relevant artpacks installed? Is Fog of War enabled on the Encounter being used?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:51 pm

heruca wrote:Is this during an online session with other players logged in? If so, do the players all have the relevant artpacks installed? Is Fog of War enabled on the Encounter being used?
"on line" ... Sorta? kinda? in this instance (and again yesterday) I had it set up like this.....
1> Primary BGRPG > I call DM View Running on a Windows 8 Machine with 32g Ram with program installed on C: drive
2>Second session> Called Table Map on Same Machine above and displayed , BUT BGRPG installed on a flash drive (USB) and renamed so as not to interfere with the original install.
3>Third session> Called Display on separate machine running windows XP 8gRam displayed on a 42" tv behind me displaying the turn sequencer , tables, etc
All running internally on a LAN setup..... so basically thru a gigabit router, but not over an IP if that makes sense. did not have any players remote.

Fog of war enabled but not dynamic, I mainly just utilize it for a manual reveal....
Yes all art packs installed on the flash drive, primary and secondary...... Though thinking on this as I write, I did download the packs via the emails you sent and unzipped to the primary machine, BUT once all the art packs were installed to that "primary folder" I copied that folder to the flash and secondary machines, I didn't "unzip file and install to those folders". It seemed to me that there was nothing in the zip file that installed anywhere but the art pack folder. IS this a wrong assessment??? Also, after I unzipped files to that folder, but before copying it to the other two locations, I relocated all the "readme txt files" to a folder of their own, (just to reduce the number of files in the art pack folder and make it easier to go thru the text ones.) So the second and third sessions don't have the text files......would that make a difference?

Vitvox
Soldier

Post by Vitvox » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:58 am

I have also been having this problem. Everything seems ok with the game, all artpacks are in all machines but I (the GM) keep receiving Script Error messages!

I have been using FoW intensively, both manual and dynamic. And the script errors happen from the beginning.

Any help?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:22 am

If you disable Fog of War, do the script errors go away?

Are you using the Map Offsets feature? (see pg. 26 of the User Manual)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.