V1.8c Beta Bug

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
Dark Lord Galen
Captain

V1.8c Beta Bug

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:21 pm

After loading the optional files for Version C, the Turn Sequencer add-on functions and updates the status within the Sequencers (great job), HOWEVER, I am now encountering a script error when right clicking on the tokens on the map layout.

heruca
Developer

Re: V1.8c Beta Bug

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Could you please post your TS Settings file (located in BRPG's "Preferences" folder).

In the meantime, try loading up the attached settings file (after unzipping it), then loading them into the Turn Sequencer. See if the script errors go away when right-clicking on units.

I will try to ascertain what particular setting of yours is causing the script error.
Attachments
AutoStatus.zip
(953 Bytes) Downloaded 205 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:54 pm

Looking through the code, it seems there may be a problem if the name of the current-HP-tracking trait contains spaces, periods, line feeds, or certain other special characters. Delete your current HP-tracking trait, then add it back in using a name that won't cause issues. Try naming it something like "HP", "HitPoints", "CurrentHitPoints", or "CHP". Then let me know if the issue with the popup menus is resolved.

If it isn't, try doing the same thing with the trait that tracks maximum HP.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:17 pm

heruca wrote:Looking through the code, it seems there may be a problem if the name of the current-HP-tracking trait contains spaces, periods, line feeds, or certain other special characters. Delete your current HP-tracking trait, then add it back in using a name that won't cause issues. Try naming it something like "HP", "HitPoints", "CurrentHitPoints", or "CHP". Then let me know if the issue with the popup menus is resolved.

If it isn't, try doing the same thing with the trait that tracks maximum HP.
Spot on H!
I had a space between the second trait (Remaining [space]HP) renaming seems to have resolved the issue. I can if you like still send file, but seems to function as it should... my apologies, didn't consider a space as a special character and a space seems to work fine in the other fields....
Thanks again for the support and guidance.
DLG

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:13 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I'll get that bug fixed in the next patch. Will wait a few weeks to see if any other bug reports come in, so that I can address them all at once.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 pm

No Problem... its you that should be thanked for your expedience...

FYI I also noticed that the round counter in the upper left hand corner has disappeared on the TS... the word "round" is present, but the number is not.
Also while we are "tweaking the TS" is it possible to also include the "Notes" column in the column sorting box.... It would be very helpful to move it. I realize I could add a column calling it "notes too" or something and move where I would like, but the status for the tokens seem to only populate in the hidden one & gets located at the far end of the columns past where I have some DM only viewable columns. This makes the TS longer than it need be from a player view.

and if we are wish listing hehehe

Could the same method your are employing for the heal / Injure also be applied to another column generically?
Meaning if someone wished to track the delay of something or a spell effect, or Initiatives, those values could populate that column and on the popup menu (just like you accomplished with healing and injure) the DM could adjust that value.
By not making it specific, simply a column that the DM could add or subtract from, the DM could, with out re-entering TS and (more importantly) each cell, make adjustments to that value to track a number of things. And to clarify, not suggesting this be tied to something else graphically.... jus the number in the column as it already is..... Not seeing the code, but assuming, it appears the pull-down on the right click for the character takes the name of the column provided in the TS and then either adds or subtracts the value selected against the token's value in the same column, and then inserts the new result replacing the old value.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:21 pm

heruca wrote:Could you please post your TS Settings file (located in BRPG's "Preferences" folder).

In the meantime, try loading up the attached settings file (after unzipping it), then loading them into the Turn Sequencer. See if the script errors go away when right-clicking on units.

I will try to ascertain what particular setting of yours is causing the script error.
Based on our other converse below and the removal of the space, I didn't install the above link.... should I?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Dark Lord Galen wrote: Based on our other converse below and the removal of the space, I didn't install the above link.... should I?
No, I just wanted you to be able to see the new feature/s properly working, and to restore the contextual popup menus for your figures.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Dark Lord Galen wrote:FYI I also noticed that the round counter in the upper left hand corner has disappeared on the TS... the word "round" is present, but the number is not.
Thanks for the heads up.
Dark Lord Galen wrote:Also while we are "tweaking the TS" is it possible to also include the "Notes" column in the column sorting box.... It would be very helpful to move it. I realize I could add a column calling it "notes too" or something and move where I would like, but the status for the tokens seem to only populate in the hidden one & gets located at the far end of the columns past where I have some DM only viewable columns. This makes the TS longer than it need be from a player view.
I'd have to look at the code again, but I don't think it's an easy change. Something to do with the auto-expanding nature of that column's width to account for text labels being dynamically displayed there.

Dark Lord Galen wrote:Could the same method your are employing for the heal / Injure also be applied to another column generically?
Meaning if someone wished to track the delay of something or a spell effect, or Initiatives, those values could populate that column and on the popup menu (just like you accomplished with healing and injure) the DM could adjust that value.
By not making it specific, simply a column that the DM could add or subtract from, the DM could, with out re-entering TS and (more importantly) each cell, make adjustments to that value to track a number of things. And to clarify, not suggesting this be tied to something else graphically.... jus the number in the column as it already is..... Not seeing the code, but assuming, it appears the pull-down on the right click for the character takes the name of the column provided in the TS and then either adds or subtracts the value selected against the token's value in the same column, and then inserts the new result replacing the old value.
Sounds like a useful thing to add in v2. ;)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 pm

In the future, please put feature requests in the "Submit Feedback" subforum. Tacking on a feature request in a bug report thread could result in the request being forgotten about.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm

heruca wrote:In the future, please put feature requests in the "Submit Feedback" subforum. Tacking on a feature request in a bug report thread could result in the request being forgotten about.
Gotcha...

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Dark Lord Galen wrote:FYI I also noticed that the round counter in the upper left hand corner has disappeared on the TS... the word "round" is present, but the number is not.
Try installing a free font called Blake on your computer. That MIGHT make the missing text field/s reappear.

In theory, I included the Blake font (embedded in the Turn Sequencer file), but for some reason, it's not getting used as it was in prior releases.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Tue May 06, 2014 3:24 pm

heruca wrote:
Try installing a free font called Blake on your computer. That MIGHT make the missing text field/s reappear.

In theory, I included the Blake font (embedded in the Turn Sequencer file), but for some reason, it's not getting used as it was in prior releases.
Found a free font called blake as suggested, downloaded and installed (pretty much painless and automatic in Windows 8) BUT still no round number, and now heading bar is distorted as well (maybe not same "blake font" as yours?)
See attachment below so you can see what is effected to determine where to look.
Attachments
TS Blake font.PNG
TS Blake font.PNG (38.75 KiB) Viewed 7768 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue May 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Well, it was worth a shot. Hopefully if you uninstall that Blake font, things will revert to normal, aside from the missing text area.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Wed May 07, 2014 4:55 pm

yes and correct... my only thought was if the "blake" font styles were exactly the same.... if you like and can send a zip of your rendition the code was based on, will road test.
its must be something simple because it goes through the progression from round to round, just doesn't display it as before.... As to the text.. seems only the header was effected by the "new blake" the word round and even the token font were not changed.... odd.....

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Ok doing a bit of "housecleaning" in preparation for a weekend session, and I removed the "Blake" font we added.. and now the Turn Seq has no text at all, even restoring the default within the setup wizard.... Further, have noticed the titles for the columns are even missing within the Turn Seq Setup Wizard as well..... adding blake back gets me back to the scrambled text (as shown above).... is there some other font I can install to get the title bar back? or can I reinstall BGRPG without causing a catastrophe and lose all of my artpacks, maps, etc?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:26 am

Try downloading the v1.8c patch again, then copy just the "Turn Sequencer.dxr" file into the "Support Files" folder of your BRPG installation. Launch BRPG and see if the font issue is back to how it was before.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:53 pm

heruca wrote:Try downloading the v1.8c patch again, then copy just the "Turn Sequencer.dxr" file into the "Support Files" folder of your BRPG installation. Launch BRPG and see if the font issue is back to how it was before.
Yep, that took care of it. Thanks My Friend...

Interesting side note...
when re-installing, I first only sub-planted the suggested file (mentioned above)...
RE-start BGRP.... no difference..... Fonts still scrambled....
When windows re-started.(Soft boot).. no change.... still scrambled
When PC Completely shutdown and restarted.... WHAAALAH... fixed, no more scrambled text
(On windows 8 anyway)
I suspect there is something within Windows 8 that during its post phase that is resetting the font choices for all programs.

Thanks again for the support!