Shockwave error running BGE from OneDrive on Surface Pro 3

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
hoihoi8
Soldier

Shockwave error running BGE from OneDrive on Surface Pro 3

Post by hoihoi8 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:37 am

Hello,
I've done all of my BGE work on my desktop computer. Recently I bought a surface pro 3 and would like to use BGE on the bus to work.

However, when I try to run BGE from my synced OneDrive folder, I get an error saying I need to install Shockwave 10 player. After installing the player I still get the same error.

I'm blocked from using BGE now on my Surface. I want to keep using OneDrive so my files are in sync no matter where I go.

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm not running from a zip file like another forum post mentioned.

heruca
Developer

Re: Shockwave error running BGE from OneDrive on Surface Pro

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Looks like you've got a couple of things going on here, the Surface Pro, and OneDrive. It would be good to isolate which is the cause of the problem. Does BGE work OK on your desktop PC using OneDrive?

Is there anything unusual going on with OneDrive insofar as case-sensitivity in filenames? I mention this because someone once ran my software on a hard drive formatted such that it was case-sensitive, and he had a similar issue until he changed the capitalization of the "Xtras" folder (which coincidentally is where BGE stores it's local copy of Shockwave).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

hoihoi8
Soldier

Post by hoihoi8 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:02 am

Hi,
Figured out my issue. I had my OneDrive folder sync'ed, but I hadn't checked the box "Make all files available when this PC isn't connected to the internet"

Thanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am

Cool. Good to have the solution posted here, in case it helps others trying to do something similar.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.