#beingDeployed property not found

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
mlundy01
Cannon Fodder

#beingDeployed property not found

Post by mlundy01 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:49 pm

Hello,

I am having frequent and varied issues getting BGE to operate correctly. My game files always end up corrupted and unusable. Most recently, I could not place a mini while hosting a session. The error I remember is "Property not found #beingDeployed" when I tried to okay the mini settings. All of the boxes inside that dialog also generated errors, such as when I tried to assign ownership it told me the string did not end correctly. I am also getting many index out of range errors when trying to select images in the place component and place mini selectors. The one time we go far enough to allow the player who joined to attempt to move their minis, the images moved, but the bases did not and I received an "object expected" error every time the mini moved. Any assistance in diagnosing these issues is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

heruca
Developer

Re: #beingDeployed property not found

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Could you send me the game file experiencing this problem? What version of BGE are you running?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

mlundy01
Cannon Fodder

Post by mlundy01 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:04 pm

I am using version 1.6. I purged my media, and most of my creation time errors went away. However, I am still experiencing issues once a player joins my hosted game. I have included the game file. I rebuilt the game and made better notes about what the errors were. The only error during creating the game was in the media picker, in that it often switched to a different folder when I hit the "next" button (for example, when I selected the Grass folder, the first grass tile would show. If I hit the next button, then the second image in the zombie folder would appear.

After the creation, I hosted a game and joined from another computer. As soon as the other machine tried to scroll, it received a "List Expected for Handler #count" error. After that, a message appeared that "At least one mini did not have base specified." and indicated it would use a default base size. Then, when a mini was selected, a "Property not found #visible" error appeared. and the mini was not visible. When clicked on, the mini reappeared. When the mini was moved by the player, the host machine displayed "Direct Player Error. Object Expected."

I canceled out of that session and attempted to reload the game from the autosave when prompted. The message, "Cannot Perform TELL" appeared after load and a button appeared at the bottom of the screen labeled "Step the sequence". When pressed the previous message appeared again.

That's all the testing I've done so far.
NUTS 2.bge
Last uncorrupted save.
(9.98 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Last Autosave:
Autosave 9-13-2015, 1 53 PM.bge
Last Autosave
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:56 pm

A couple quick questions:

Were you careful to not purge any media that was used in your game file?

Have you provided your player/s with a media bundle of your game conversion?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 am

And one suggestion:

When placing minis on the board, try to always explicitly select a base size using your mouse (even if the base you want already appears to be pre-selected).

mlundy01
Cannon Fodder

Post by mlundy01 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:16 am

I purged everything and recreated the game from scratch, so all of the media should have been re-added to the library. I did not send any media to the other machine, but I did make sure the correct artpack was installed. All of the media did appear on the remote machine, with the possible exception of alternate tokens since I did not test that function.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:54 pm

I've been able to duplicate the problem you were having. It appears to be an issue that is specific to mini's bases in BGE v1.6.

The problem is not on your end, it is with the software. I suggest you use v1.5 for now, and I'll try to release v1.7 soon to fix this issue.

At least now you know it wasn't anything you were doing wrong. Still, I'm really surprised this issue wasn't brought up before.

mlundy01
Cannon Fodder

Post by mlundy01 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for the help and quick attention. I will downgrade to 1.5 and wait for the release. Thanks again.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Good news! I think I've found and possibly fixed the problem for v1.7. Some testing still needs to be done, but it's looking like I stomped the bug.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:45 am

Testing completed. All works fine, now. :)

Thanks for posting this bug report. This qualifies as a critical bug, so expect a new release relatively soon.

BGE v1.6 was released in early Jan, 2015. I find it inconceivable that this bug was not noticed or reported until now. Either no one is using v1.6 because it's in beta, or no one is using minis in their game conversions (hard to believe).