Card Issues

Help improve BRPG and BGE by reporting any bugs you encounter.
rab46
Captain

Card Issues

Post by rab46 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:31 pm

Was playing a game that involved cards and had some odd behavior. Opened a saved game and found that the cards in both the discard pile and the player hand would only display the card back. When I tried to turn them over using the "<" or ">" key nothing happened. The parent deck didn't exhibit this behavior, the cards turned over and displayed the other side properly. I messed around with the problem cards and found that if I selected and shuffled them they returned to normal. Turned out not to be a big deal since I stumbled across a method to recover them but it was unexpected. I didn't save the problem file, sorry. I was so overjoyed that everything returned to normal that I immediately saved over the top of it! Just thought I'd mention it in case someone has this happen or it triggers something in you mind to look into. Thanks.

heruca
Developer

Re: Card Issues

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Could it be that the cards in question had been Drawn, and never Discarded? Shuffling a deck reverts all cards to Not Drawn.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

rab46
Captain

Re: Card Issues

Post by rab46 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:28 pm

Yup, that was it. I've never really delved too deeply into the card deck functionality and didn't realize that was how it worked. So, not a bug just my ignorance! Thanks.