deleting = crash (v1.0) [DOUBLE POST]

Tlichie
Captain

deleting = crash (v1.0) [DOUBLE POST]

Post by Tlichie » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:38 pm

Okay, this is somewhat if a major bug, but I only got it to occur once. I was trying masking objects rather than the fog of war, while I was playing with things internally. I placed, unhid, rehid and deleted and got a fatal error, was told that BGRPG would have to close and while I was reaching for a pen to write down what the specific error was it started going through what I assume are the objects in the Flash folder, then shut down.

I was able to rejoin (it asked me this time if I wanted to grant the floating license to the player, which it didn't do when my "player" originally joined the game), and the only thing that seemed to be a problem is the player chat was displaced. could be brought up or down as normal, and used as normal, just displaced up a bit.

I tried repeatedly to recreate the error so I could get the specific bug for you, but it wouldn't do it. I will try again from time to time. So the good news is that it seemed to be random.

still having fun in any case!
--Tlichie

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:51 pm

Any chance that this was the bug you got?
http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/phpBB ... .php?t=402

(although you would likely see a variety of different animations, not just the campfire)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Tlichie
Captain

Post by Tlichie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:44 pm

ayup, that one :D
--Tlichie