What About Board & Card Games?

Elric
Soldier

What About Board & Card Games?

Post by Elric » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 am

I just recently purchased Fantasy Flights' Talisman 4th Edition Revised and ALL the Expansions. I'm really chomping at the bit to have an online playable version (since no one around here plays).

How hard would it be to convert a game of this magnitude over to Battlegrounds?

Also - what about card games like Steve Jackson Games' Munchkin?

Thanks! :)

heruca
Developer

Re: What About Board & Card Games?

Post by heruca » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Elric wrote:I just recently purchased Fantasy Flights' Talisman 4th Edition Revised and ALL the Expansions. I'm really chomping at the bit to have an online playable version (since no one around here plays).

How hard would it be to convert a game of this magnitude over to Battlegrounds?
I'm not familiar with Talisman, so I can't really respond to how possible a conversion would be or how much work it would entail. I just looked it up on boardgamegeek.com, and it seems to be essentially a lot like Search for the Emperor's Treasure on steroids.

I noticed that the game uses multiple card decks. Depending on how the cards get used, perhaps the new "Stack and Shuffle" command in recent beta releases of BRPG could come in useful. Do cards ever go into a player's hand, or are the resolved immediately upon drawing one?

I've tried contacting Fantasy Flight Games several months ago about creating digital versions of their games, and got no response. :(

It's possible that you could create a conversion of the game yourself, but it would only be for personal use, since it would be illegal to distribute it, even for free, without FFG's consent.
Elric wrote:Also - what about card games like Steve Jackson Games' Munchkin?
See this thread.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.