Sneak Peek: WWII Tokens

tailz
Sergeant

Sneak Peek: WWII Tokens

Post by tailz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:37 am

I thought I might post a bit of a sneak peek at my next token pack I am working on. Here is an SS Officer overseeing the loading of a 21cm Nebelwerfer.
Tailz Silver Paws
Follow Tailz at deviantART, Twitter, Facebook, or Studio WyldFurr.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:07 am

Looks very good. Will this be a free art pack or a commercial art pack?

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 am

Lordippon wrote:Looks very good. Will this be a free art pack or a commercial art pack?
Paid token pack, the small amount of money I make goes towards making more tokens.
Tailz Silver Paws

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:13 am

Those look fabulous! Will this be an all-German pack, or a mix of nationalities?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:07 am

heruca wrote:Those look fabulous! Will this be an all-German pack, or a mix of nationalities?
This will be a little bit of a mix - a basic pack with the essentials. A German Soldat, an SS Officer, Nebelwerfer and crew, PaK40 and crew, Kubelwagen, staff car, 8.8cm FlaK36 and crew, American Airborne paratrooper, etc...

Planning to do a big tank pack later, but need some $$$ in my paypal account first to help offset the cost.
Tailz Silver Paws

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:37 pm

I was not planning this, but I have released the German tokens at RPGnow.com as a stand alone pack. I'm still working on a bunch of American paratroopers, a Jeep and crew, and other things that will now end up in a Yanky token pack. I'll combine the both into a World War II "starter" pack later.

I didn't plan to release these tokens in dribs'n'drabs, but I keep on having stuff thrown onto my plate that I felt if I kept on holding off the poor tokens would never get released.

I'd like to get the American tokens out by the end of the week, but at this point, might be next week. :?
Tailz Silver Paws

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Those preview pics look great. These tokens would be ideal for use with the "Behind Enemy Lines" RPG. But I'm going to wait and get the bundle, because having one without the other won't do me any good.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:53 pm

heruca wrote:Those preview pics look great. These tokens would be ideal for use with the "Behind Enemy Lines" RPG. But I'm going to wait and get the bundle, because having one without the other won't do me any good.
Waiting for the bundle would be best, as I plan to make the bundle slightly cheaper than the separate packs. But as I wrote above, might be a bit till I get the Yanks finished. The tokens are rendered, just not have the time to get the post production work finished.

I've been working on my own WWII addon for the d20 3.5 system, called Beyond the Barbed Wire. But when Wizards of the Coast nurfed d20 3.5's SRD licence, I started perlimanary work on my own RPG system called: Reality Engine. The main feature of the system was to go from a points based damage system, to a theoretical wound and effect system based on the actual real world wound trauma weapons cause.

But all the pdf's I had got nuked when my site got hacked. :(

So it will be a long while till I get that stuff back online as I have more important stuff to do....
Tailz Silver Paws

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Just a bit of an update folks. For some reason RPGnow.com's storage system ate the zip file for The Germans Token Pack. If you had problems with that zip file, or purchased the product only to find no zip file for download - that is why there was a problem. Sorry about that. I have uploaded the zip file again. So you can download it again now.
Tailz Silver Paws

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:56 pm

tailz wrote:For some reason RPGnow.com's storage system ate the zip file for The Germans Token Pack.
They obviously aren't feeding their server enough. :P

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Omnidon wrote:
tailz wrote:For some reason RPGnow.com's storage system ate the zip file for The Germans Token Pack.
They obviously aren't feeding their server enough. :P
The mouse on the wheel could not find his allocation of cheese. :(
Tailz Silver Paws

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:36 pm

The Germans Token Pack now has its own preview PDF as well.

Check it out...
Tailz Silver Paws

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:59 am

Awesome pack :shock: :D 8)

MadWelshWizard
Sergeant

Post by MadWelshWizard » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Hey Taliz,

Yanks and Germans, both awesome packs, bought them yesterday for my Weird World War II gaming habits (also got the excellent Critter pack in the bundle). Any chance of British Troops next ?

Also I wondered if there was any possibility of you creating some Weird War soldiers ? The specifics I was after are for the Geheimkrieg ruleset from Wessex Games but you know the sort of thing. Nazi Zombies, Nazi Werewolves, Heavily Armoured shocktroops, British and American rocketmen, magnetron gunner, death ray and crew etc. Something like this has many uses across the board.

Thanks,

Craig

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 pm

I picked up the (Critterless) bundle myself a couple of days ago. Good stuff!

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 am

MadWelshWizard wrote:Hey Taliz,

Yanks and Germans, both awesome packs, bought them yesterday for my Weird World War II gaming habits (also got the excellent Critter pack in the bundle). Any chance of British Troops next ?

Also I wondered if there was any possibility of you creating some Weird War soldiers ? The specifics I was after are for the Geheimkrieg ruleset from Wessex Games but you know the sort of thing. Nazi Zombies, Nazi Werewolves, Heavily Armoured shocktroops, British and American rocketmen, magnetron gunner, death ray and crew etc. Something like this has many uses across the board.

Thanks,

Craig
Good to hear you like the packs and got some good gaming in with them. I'm planning to do some more WWII stuff but I wish to finish off my current tokens project first: Heroines. Followed by a Heros pack.

Tailz Silver Paws

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:20 am

Excellent Heroines pack as well. I will probably get that one and if the Heros packs is as good as this one, I will get that one too :wink:

Make sure to post links to the finished products :D

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:51 am

Kepli wrote:Excellent Heroines pack as well. I will probably get that one and if the Heros packs is as good as this one, I will get that one too :wink:

Make sure to post links to the finished products :D
Thanks, I have one or two more characters to render out, one of which is will be an knight fantasy babe. then I plan to start on the Male heros. More samples when I can.
Tailz Silver Paws

BaltoMan
Cannon Fodder

Post by BaltoMan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:38 am

I was just at the rpgnow website.
The Yanks would download as a zip file.
But the Germans would download as a watermark PDF.
The description says it's compatible with Battleground but I don't believe it.
Anyone know where I can purchase these elsewhere? As zip files.

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:27 am

BaltoMan wrote:I was just at the rpgnow website.
The Yanks would download as a zip file.
But the Germans would download as a watermark PDF.
Hhmmmm.... it is downloading as a watermarked PDF? That is really odd. Excuse me as I check what is going on...

...(music)...

For some odd reason it appears that the product settings ended up with the "Watermark PDF" tag instead of the "ZIP file" tag. I have just changed it to ZIP. So it should be fixed now.
BaltoMan wrote:The description says it's compatible with Battleground but I don't believe it.
What you get is a zip file full of tokens. Tokens are basically PNG images with transparency. There is really no compatibility to worry about, since this is just a bundle of images, not software.

If your worried, check out the Sample Token Pack which is free.
BaltoMan wrote:Anyone know where I can purchase these elsewhere? As zip files.
RPGnow.com is the place to go.
Last edited by tailz on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:35 am

Welcome, BaltoMan.

BaltoMan
Cannon Fodder

Post by BaltoMan » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am

Yep it's fixed now.
FYI: I purchased the Yanks and Germans as separate items.
The bundle package is listed as watermark PDF.

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 am

BaltoMan wrote:Yep it's fixed now.
FYI: I purchased the Yanks and Germans as separate items.
The bundle package is listed as watermark PDF.
The bundle might be listed as "PDF" but from memory, it just gives you access to the zip files from each pack. As when I setup a bundle, all I can do is tag what products are in the bundle product.

tailz
Sergeant

Post by tailz » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:42 am

sunchangping wrote:Those look fabulous! Will this be an all-German pack, or a mix of nationalities?
Each pack contains tokens of a specific theme, eg: the German pack is all German tokens, the Yanks pack is all Americans.

The bundle contains both packs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:30 am

Tailz, that was a spambot, merely repeating my first post from this thread. Now purged.