Pre-made Adventures

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
cyderak
Captain

Pre-made Adventures

Post by cyderak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Hey,

I like the idea of having everything all laid out for me in a "Boxed adventure" type format where all I have to do is load it up and go. The more intuitive it is, the less I have to futz with my computer, leaving me with way more time to concentrate on the adventure and where its going.

Keep the Pre-made adventures coming. I will definitly buy them.

Who's with me on this??

Pirates ......on the high seas.....

Dungeon Crawl.......Hackin and Slashin

Role Play Heavy.......basically dinner theater for dorks

Good ole fasion RPG adventure.......beginning to end Even balance between Role Playing and Hack N Slash.

Pick your Poison and maybe somebody who I am not naming names (Heruca) will make our dorky little dreams come true......hehehe.....

Anyone reading this post......What type of adventure would you like to see?

Later.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:10 am

As with you previous post, I think this is a good potential market for a third-party developer.

I was rather hoping that someone like White Haired Man or Digital Adventures would have stepped up by now to deliver ready-to-play adventures for Battlegrounds, as they have for Fantasy Grounds. I'm not really sure why this hasn't happened yet. I've certainly invited them to do so, and have offered free GM Clients for any established company who wants to have a go at this.

An adventure module, once made for a particular RPG system, could be re-published for other RPG systems fairly easily, thus providing a higher return on investment, as would re-purposing adventures that have been created for another VT program.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:58 am

well, White Haired Man or Digital Adventures I would just like to say I would most definitly buy a pre-made Adventure for battlegrounds.

Something with drow ......or a lower level adventure with orcs and goblins.

thanks in advance.

Later.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I am really stoked to use the Battlegrounds software but I really think someone should create some adventures for Battlegrounds.

Pre-Made adventures with Fog of War and line of sight already set and Player handouts and Pre-set monsters.......you guys know the drill.

At maybe $10 to $20 a pop you guys could make a mint.

I can help write adventures. I'm just not that good at scripting and putting it all together in an executable software package. With a combination of Lordippon's Tokens and killer scenery and Heruca's know-how, you fellas could put out a mind blowing adventure package.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:40 am

The only problem I see with premade adventures is that BRPG is not made to support any single RPG system it can be used by all systems.

So which system should the premade adventures be made for?

I am pretty sure you would like D&D 4e adventures, I almost only play GURPS, so I can't help you there.

I think Heruca uses most of his time awake to work on the core BRPG, so he dosen't have the time.

I think that a premade adventure would take several people many many hours. I don't have that spare time, but if anybody want to do it please drop me a mail and will be happy to help producing the needed figures. Just make sure the project has a very generus deadline as I have a family, a job and my own gaming group to take care of :wink:

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Well,

Delegate who creates what adventure for what system. Since you, Lordippon, are into GURPS, then you should definitly have a hand in using your creative talents to create an adventure for GURPS.

I play:
** D&D 3.5 (can't stand 4th edition D&D)
**Pathfinder
**Mutants and Masterminds

So I could help write adventures for those systems but as for creating user created content, I am not wired for graphic design (meaning I don't know how to do it).

I'm not saying the pre-made adventures should be made with a deadline like tomorrow. Take your time (whomever is creating these adventures) I am saying if you guys wanted to sell more items, an adventure would definitly sell.

I don't know what bugs are occuring with the core BRPG software but as soon as they are resolved maybe the Core software should be put on the back burner until a couple of adventures could be put out for the most requested RPG systems.

Or contract it out. Put the word out that he needs talented people to create adventures or contact some of those publishing companies who created adventures for Maptools and see if they would be willing to create adventures for BRPG.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:58 pm

I'd rather have heruca focus on core features personally. But that's in no small part because I hate premade adventures and would never use them.

Lordippon
Captain

Post by Lordippon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:25 am

Omnidon, I feel the exact same way. I'm not a big fan of premade adventures either. I prefer to tailor my adventures to the charaters and players im playing with.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:48 pm

OK .......I tried.

I just don't see the problem with contacting that company that made Pre-made adventures for maptools and seeing about contracting them to do a couple of Pre-made adventures for Battlegorunds. They could take a percentage of the profits. And it would sell more copies of Battlegrounds in the process when people see the amount of support there is for the software.

Can't hurt to ask.

Just because you two don't use Pre-Made adventures, that doesn't mean others would'nt use them.

I would imagine Heruca didn't set out to create an awesome Virtual tabletop like Battlegrounds just for fun if he's charging 35.00 per GM license. I'm sure he did it to make money. And I think a good way to make money is releasing other support software like Pre-made adventures.....Pre-set multi pose figures......Flash animations..... Pre-set mini-scenes with flash animations and charging money for it.

I will help in any way it is possible for a somewhat computer literate person to help. Just instruct me how to do the Pre set minis......i could do those. I could maybe do some of the stuff for the pre-made adventures if someone helps me.

let me know what you need.

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I like the idea of pre-made ready to go adventures. As someone who is still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of BG, any pre-made stuff is awesome.

One of these days when I get fired, quit, or get to be a stay at home dad I can add that to my massive to do list. lol.

:D
Asgardnorth.net & Asgardnorth.com , 2 sources for your Fantasy Needs. Com for freebies, Net for commercial items. Stop by and take a look.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 pm

cyderak wrote:OK .......I tried.
Don't assume that just because two people disagreed with you that heruca won't make any more premade adventures.
cyderak wrote:I just don't see the problem with contacting that company that made Pre-made adventures
I don't know exactly to what extent he has advertised, but heruca has contacted at least a few companies in the past. AFAIK they weren't very cooperative.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:20 am

Cyderak,

I'm very amenable to having a third-party produce adventures or other supplements for Battlegrounds. I have tried contacting Digital Adventures, Four Ugly Monsters, White Haired Man, Little Kingdoms, and probably some other companies I can't recall at the moment. To date, no one has wanted to. I offer a free GM Client license to any company with a proven track record of producing this sort of product who is willing to commit to such an undertaking.

It would be nice if several BRPG users came together to produce an adventure, either free or commercial.

Or perhaps an RPG publisher could hire someone to produce an adventure to support their RPG system.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:42 am

I've no idea exactly what the numbers are, but I'd be astonished if there were sufficient sales for this to be profitable as a purely commercial venture.

Possibly there would be scope if it wre just converting an adaption done for another system, or if a number of systems were being targeted.

Most likely to be a goer if someone with enough ability puts extra polish on to an adventure they had already done for one of their own campaigns. But, in that case, they would have to have been checking carefully for all copyright issues as they decided what images etc to use. Also potential copyright issues if it is tied in to any copyright game system. (I'm not quite sure how the MapTool frameworks have survived for so long without WotC taking a hand.)

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:13 pm

So re-contact them again.....maybe they have re-considered.

I'm not saying this is a "Put all your eggs in one basket" type venture.

I'm saying it'd be a nice side project for someone or some company.

Maybe those guys who created that adventure for Maptools could tweak their adventure to be compatible with Battlegrounds.

Here is the URL for that project.
http://www.ritepublishing.com/breakingo ... nagar.html

markuwp
General

3rd party companies might listen to customers

Post by markuwp » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:47 pm

cyderak wrote:So re-contact them again.....maybe they have re-considered.
Heruca has already expressed his interest in offering 3rd party options (figures, maps, modules, etc.), both on the forums and by contacting other companies. I would also love to see more BRPG-specific products, but I don't think repeatedly asking Heruca to solicit or create them is the best approach. Perhaps instead you could contact all the other companies that are making modules, saying "I'm interested in buying your products, but I use BRPG (as do many others); can you create a BRPG version?"

I agree with other posters that I'd like to see the BRPG developer focusing on things that only he can do-- improving BRPG. If others want to make more BRPG content, that would be an added plus.

cyderak
Captain

Post by cyderak » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Done deal.....

.I asked the guy behind "The Breaking of Forstor Nagar" if he could make a version of his adventure for Battlegrounds.

heruca
Developer

Re: 3rd party companies might listen to customers

Post by heruca » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:49 pm

markuwp wrote:Perhaps instead you could contact all the other companies that are making modules, saying "I'm interested in buying your products, but I use BRPG (as do many others); can you create a BRPG version?"
An excellent idea. If other companies see that there is a lot of interest, they'll be far more amenable to the idea of developing BRPG-specific products.