Flip Visual Aid by 90 or 180 Degrees

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Ellegon
Cannon Fodder

Flip Visual Aid by 90 or 180 Degrees

Post by Ellegon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:10 am

Hi,

I plan to use BRPG on a screen that lies flat on the table between the players. I saw this in a post here somewhere and I think it would be absolutely cool to see a map "lying there" instead of just appearing on a screen.

Now I also plan to use the Visual Aid for several purposes. E.g. to illustrate a scene or just for a quick overview map of an area. The only problem is, that for some of the players the visual aid is upside down. Would it be possible to add 2 buttons to flip the aid around by 90 degrees? Either through the GM and/or through the client?

Not a major thing though, but I guess the players would appreciate it. On second thought, maybe it would be even better to flip the whole application?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:18 am

Have you considered placing the map visual aid as an object? That way you can use the rotation hotkeys (or even your mousewheel) to rotate it as needed. If you don't plan to move minis/tokens on the map, you can also rotate it in smaller increments than 90 degrees (e.g., 30 degrees), to make it look like the map is "just lying around".
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.