Looking for Flash developers

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
heruca
Developer

Looking for Flash developers

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Battlegrounds Games is looking for help from experienced Adobe Flash developers, to assist in the creation of add-on applications (SWF files) that will run within BRPG and BGE.

If you are qualified and this sounds like something that may interest you, please email me. If you aren't, but happen to know any Flash developers with an interest in online gaming, please bring this announcement to their attention.

Thanks!
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Well, there's me of course. :P

Extensions I definitely intend to create if BRPG gets a fully-fleshed addon feature:
  • Dynamic portraits with status bars and status effects
  • Dynamic character sheets
  • Embedded media player
  • Triggers (sound effects / animations / map changes)
  • Dynamic figures (character art that auto-updates based on status and can perform emotes)
  • Dynamic grid
  • Dynamic FoW overlay (if supported)
  • Auto-linking maps (activate a predefined transition point to change maps)
Others will be created upon request or commission.

Zearthling
Sergeant

Post by Zearthling » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 am

:shock: :?:
Seeing this thread gives me the ants in the pants! Sounds like we customers may be getting some GREAT new tools for our game box's perhaps!
Reading that list of what you already want to make Omnidon perks my interest in this news! The only thing I would like to see added to that killer list of tools, would be the possibility of a dynamic overlay for elevated floors (extra maps), that stack as well as span. Then basements, attics, and the like will be so much sweeter to plant in adventures and the sort!
You might have something like that planned, but thought I would say it, just to make sure!

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:40 am

For those of you who haven't seen the past discussions of flash integration, refer to my summaries:
Extensions: Flash Integration
Extensions: Programming Interface (Advanced Users)