Dice related feature suggestion

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Motdc
Captain

Dice related feature suggestion

Post by Motdc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

1. I've got a set of HeroQuest dice on my map. When I want to roll them, I drag the selection rectangle around the amount of dice I want and then do a CTRL+R. In this process, I have accidentally rolled more (or less) dice than intended. The selection process does not apply any kind of highlight effect so there is no visual cue as to how many I'm about to roll. Additionally, after the roll, when I look at the set of dice just rolled to count successes or whatever I have no way to be really sure which subset I just rolled. It would be great if the selected dice were highted and stayed highlighted until they were unselected. Additionally, there is soem type of dice log feature, so having on-map dice rolls added to that would be great too.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Consider a setup like the one shown here.

The dice reside outside the box used for rolling them. Only put the dice in the box when you intend to roll them, and remove them after the roll. Selecting all the dice in the box is done quickly and easily with the selection marquee, and you won't pick up extra die inadvertently.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Motdc
Captain

Post by Motdc » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:21 pm

I'll have to look and see if I can get some graphics to do something like that and see how it works.

Though I had seen on your forum here someone who created floating dice that were always in view and I was going to try that out, and having the dice highlighted would be nice in that case.

Either way, dice log for these is pretty important IMO.

Thanks!