Die roller feature

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Degrath
Cannon Fodder

Die roller feature

Post by Degrath » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:57 am

There is currently a checkbox option in the die roller to ignore the highest roll and one for ignoring the lowest roll.

Would it be possible to get an option to "Use" only the highest or "use" only the lowest.

The rolls I am trying to make for example read "4D20L" from the Twilight:2013 Reflex system. meaning roll 4 twenties and use the lowest only.

I can make it work with the current system but with only 2 dice, any more than that it will only discount one die.

If this is already possible, please someone let me know what I am missing.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:48 am

How about if you roll all the dice required by the roll, and then manually discard the unneeded results from the roll by clicking on the dice you wish to discard, as shown below? It means clicking three times, though.

Or you could just ignore all but the rightmost (or left-most) die, and skip clicking on dice completely.
Attachments
T2K 4d20L.png
T2K 4d20L.png (216.1 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Degrath
Cannon Fodder

Post by Degrath » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Ok, thx for the feedback.I didnt realize that was possible. I can use that as a work around.

Any chance for future updates to get a "Use Lowest" option?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Not likely in BRPG v1.x, but if v2 ever gets made, sure thing. I've seen several requests along these lines.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

ps812
Cannon Fodder

Re:

Post by ps812 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Degrath wrote:Ok, thx for the feedback.I didnt realize that was possible. I can use that as a work around.

Any chance for future updates to get a "Use Lowest" option?
I agree, it is good to know as a work around. Have you been using it that way and if so, do you like it?