Pop up box Rotation

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Pop up box Rotation

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Just another "out of the box" dangerous thought.. :P
I'm pretty sure this feature doesn't exist, and while that isnt a show stopper.. would be nice to have..... what is that you wonder?
The ability to rotate t he Dice, TS, Color, Chat, etc pop ups..... I have discovered that with a projector (before) and porting out to a TV, there are times that the ability to rotate these would make things easier. Even if it were the simple 90 degree flip that MS products have (sorry to bring them up lol)

Thoughts?

heruca
Developer

Re: Pop up box Rotation

Post by heruca » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 pm

I suspect there must be some sort of system utility or video card function (or even a projector function) that does this for you already.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:38 am

There is certainly software (often bundled with the video card driver) to rotate or flip the entire monitor output.

If you're talking about rotating individual interface elements independently (without rotating the entire screen), then that would require program-specific functions (though would be easy to do with flash-based interface elements :P)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:21 am

Of course we already have the "Flip > Horizontally" and "Flip > Vertically" commands...
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:08 am

I suppose I could add commands for Flipping 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise, if that is what is desired.

I should probably rename the command itself to "Flip Image", rather than just "Flip", lest someone confuse this for a card-flipping command.

Edit: Never mind, looks like I already did that. :)

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 pm

heruca wrote:I suppose I could add commands for Flipping 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise, if that is what is desired.
I think he was specifically asking for the ability to rotate the utility windows independently of everything else.
I envisioned him sitting to one side of a tabletop projection setup and being annoyed trying to use the interface elements while they were sideways to him.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Oh, that will not be possible, I'm afraid. Even if I were to rewrite everything so as to support a rotated orientation, the interface controls (e.g., pulldown menus) cannot be rotated.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 am

Omnidon wrote:
heruca wrote:I suppose I could add commands for Flipping 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise, if that is what is desired.
I think he was specifically asking for the ability to rotate the utility windows independently of everything else.
I envisioned him sitting to one side of a tabletop projection setup and being annoyed trying to use the interface elements while they were sideways to him.
Spot on Omnidon
That is exactly what I'm having to do :D
Last edited by Dark Lord Galen on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:23 am

heruca wrote:Oh, that will not be possible, I'm afraid. Even if I were to rewrite everything so as to support a rotated orientation, the interface controls (e.g., pulldown menus) cannot be rotated.
Was afraid of that... :(