Feater request: Timers

Non-bug comments, suggestions, and feature requests for BRPG and/or BGE
Christof

Feater request: Timers

Post by Christof » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:07 am

I've been using Battlegrounds for 2 weeks now and I'm really enjoying it.

It would be very nice for my purposes if there could also be some 'timer' features, to easily add to your game. Especially if these can be in the form of objects (just like functioning dice can be placed on the game board already).

Examples of useful timer objects:
- Sandglass (for different lengths of time, or customizable).
- Chessclock.
- Stopwatch (with and without alarm function).

If objects like these already exist for BGE, I'd also be glad to hear where to find them!

heruca
Developer

Re: Feater request: Timers

Post by heruca » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Try downloading one of the swf-format Flash timers from this website. Place the ".swf" file in "BRPG/Objects/Flash Objects, Experimental". Then launch BRPG and place the timer object on the map window.

Unfortunately, this is strictly a local timer, not networked, but it may be of use in certain situations.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Re: Feater request: Timers

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:09 am

Actually, the files on the site I linked to above may not work, if they were coded in ActionScript 3. They need to be in AS2 in order to work with BRPG and/or BGE.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.