Which board game engine is best to develop card games on?

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
famouswarrior
Cannon Fodder

Which board game engine is best to develop card games on?

Post by famouswarrior » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 pm

I have looked at Lackey, GCCG and Magic Work Station, but i still can't decide. I want to save time by asking people who have already known these programs more thoroughly. I'm afraid of investing time and effort only to be disappointed weeks into development.

I am looking for a way to design my card games in a program that is easy for players to get into. I will be bringing new people to playtest these games so the level of friction is important to not turn them off.

The program also needs to be capable enough for players to perform all the actions they could perform in a physical version of the game, I do not need to have the computer enforce rules right now, i will leave the enforcement to the players, just like in real life, Magic Work Station does this well.

Finally, the program needs to allow me to easily make cards and if it had a way to monetize the game in some way, that would be nice too but not required.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Welcome, famouswarrior.

I just finished answering your identical post on the BGG forums.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.