Dust Tactics, Warfare, Battlefield

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
amanwing
Cannon Fodder

Dust Tactics, Warfare, Battlefield

Post by amanwing » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:38 pm

hi,

I just want to ask how difficult it would be to use this software to use it for Dust Battlefield and how much automation can be done. I would like to know if those things are possible:
- free movement in cm
- check los
- check range
- automatize attacks (you click on the attacking unit and choose the weapons and click on the attacked unit and have it calculate the range the damage)
- turn by turn via Internet
any advise or info would be really great!
Thanks a lot!

heruca
Developer

Re: Dust Tactics, Warfare, Battlefield

Post by heruca » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm not familiar with that particular game/system. However, I can tell you that BRPG and BGE offer a way to measure a move (whether snap-to-grid is enabled or not). You can also check line of sight insofar as you can call up a "virtual string" to see if a shot would pass through a particular hex/square/obstacle. Range checks are also possible. Attacks are not automated, but you can attach dice macros to units so that they can easily make the appropriate attack rolls or damage rolls. Damage is not automatically applied to the target/s, but you can manually update their HPs or status.

The programs are designed primarily for "live" play sessions (with everyone logged on at the same time), rather than play-by-email, although I suppose the host could just leave the session running 24/7 and players could log in to take their turn, then log off.

Hope this helps.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

amanwing
Cannon Fodder

Re: Dust Tactics, Warfare, Battlefield

Post by amanwing » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:42 pm

Great news, thanks for your answer!