Is there a way to using Secret Orders for units

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
Gortys
Cannon Fodder

Is there a way to using Secret Orders for units

Post by Gortys » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm

I noticed there is no system to secretly write orders for units, then reveal them.

Can this done done with counters, where each player secretly selects a bunch of counters and arranges them next to the units display that represent maneuvers the unit will perform, then when all players are done, the orders are revealed, like flipping all the counters over at once.

If not this way, is there a way to do it?

Cheers

heruca
Developer

Re: Is there a way to using Secret Orders for units

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Sure, double-sided Order counters would be one way to handle this. See the "Secret Token" section of pg. 63 of the BRPG User Manual, or pg. 62 of the BGE User Manual.

Or check out how the secret bidding is handled in this game conversion. It use the "Use as a Screen" feature to keep bids and accumulated wealth tokens hidden from other players. See pg. 77 of the BRPG User Manual, or pg. 71 of the BGE User Manual.

Heck, in a game with voice chat, it might even be doable by having each player type into a text label component assigned to each of them but stopping just short of completing their edit operation. When someone issues the word for everyone to simultaneously reveal their orders, they would each press the "OK" button at the same time.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.