Chat notification sound

Virtual tabletop software specifically designed for boardgames, wargames, card games and dice games
bowieb
Sergeant

Chat notification sound

Post by bowieb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Is it possible to change the chat notification sound?

heruca
Developer

Re: Chat notification sound

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:56 pm

Not change it, but it IS possible to disable it. Look under "Session-specific settings" (which, as of BGE v1.7, can be made a permanent setting).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

bowieb
Sergeant

Post by bowieb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:23 pm

Oh well. I want a notification sound, but I find the current one a bit over the top. I would prefer a simple "ping" sound for notification of chat messages. The current sound is good for the bell to get the attention of the other player, but it gets annoying quickly when it plays for every message.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:41 pm

The Lobby used to have a nicer, subtler sound. Perhaps I can swap that in instead.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

bowieb
Sergeant

Post by bowieb » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:21 pm

Actually, now that I've worked with BGE a bit more and used it to play actual networked games, the chat sound is fine. My original issue was that I was testing with both host and client on the same machine and it didn't occur to me that I was hearing two overlapping notifications for each message.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:15 pm

When running more than one client on a single computer, I suggest you disable the Chat sounds on all but one of the clients.