Tweeks

"How Do I...?"
Venger
General

Tweeks

Post by Venger » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:48 pm

I am running BRPG on a laptop that is a couple years old, has about 1ghz processor speed and has only 512mb RAM

if there are any tweeks I can do to BRPG to increase performance, please let me know.

One I am curious about is the Light Radius, which consists of a normal light, and then a shadowy light out further from the source.

If I change the "shadowy" light radius to be the same as normal light, would that improve performance with several light sources on the table?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

-Thanks

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:19 pm

If you use the Map Settings panel to shrink the map down to a more manageable size (e.g. 18 x 18 cells), you should see a marked performance increase when FoW is enabled.

I don't think matching the Bright and Shadowy ranges will do you any good, but using smaller radiuses certainly helps. The Daylight Spell is the biggest of all, and it would probably bring your laptop to its knees. I actually rather prefer light sources with lower settings than what comes by default in BRPG. It gives much more sense of mystery and claustrophobia to a game. So you might try lowering the default settings by editing the Light Sources text file.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.