View Bar

"How Do I...?"
Ozgosh
Cannon Fodder

View Bar

Post by Ozgosh » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

Is there a way to remove the View Manager pop up bar. I am running Batttleground as a table top on two monitors (from same computer) and I am trying to clean up the "player monitor" and would like to remove the View Manager bar, the Roll Dice macro bar, and even the big "B" if possible, leaving me with a clean screen. Any of this possible?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Welcome, Ozgosh.

I'm not sure why I didn't come across this post before, but I just came across it while doing a periodic sweep of the forums looking for "unanswered posts".

There is currently no way to disable the Views Palette entirely, except by (I think) putting two spaces in the name of each and every View button, in the View Manager. However, BRPG v1.7f will have a toggle setting to quickly disable the Views Palette entirely.

You can already auto-hide the BG button. Look in the Preferences panel to enable that option.

Lastly, you can also disable the Roll Dice Macro button via a toggle setting in the BG button's popup menu.

In short, you can hide two of the three things you mentioned using the current release of BRPG, and you will be able to hide the third using the next beta release (coming soon).
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Prismshard
Captain

Post by Prismshard » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:46 am

Has this option been implemented yet? The pop-up View Manager bar is a very obnoxious and intrusive element to using BRPG in a tabletop setting. It would be very nice to have the option to disable it so it doesn't constantly get in the way of the map during game sessions.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 am

Yes, it has. See this thread.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Re: View Bar

Post by heruca » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:46 pm

A more "permanent" means of disabling the Views palette just debuted in BGE v1.7. This same capability will be in BRPG v1.8d, when it's released.