Card hot keys

"How Do I...?"
goatee
Cannon Fodder

Card hot keys

Post by goatee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:43 am

Are there more than listed in the manual? in the tutorial videos you flip decks over to resize, how do I do that? I'm obviously blind but I've searched flip and turn and read through the hotkeys and i'm not seeing it so far. This is for cards on the game board not the table.
Got my two decks in, my game board etc, ready to play test. :)

Aha < > will flip the whole thing over. hard to remember that everything is a token/component. Still getting used to the verbage I guess.

Delete if you want.

goatee
Cannon Fodder

Post by goatee » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:08 am

Actually I need more help with the staggering. When I select a whole deck I can then select draw 5 cards. if I haven't selected the whole deck i can only do draw card. Is that correct that I have to select the entire deck each time or can i somehow tell it it's always a whole deck and then i could always select how many i want?
my players cannot stack and stagger do they need to be owners? Do I then make them owners each time they draw new cards?

The card table seems so much easier but I think if i could get the card manipulation down in the long run the board table would be more beneficial. The tutorials are great, maybe an in depth one on controls?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

goatee wrote:Actually I need more help with the staggering. When I select a whole deck I can then select draw 5 cards. if I haven't selected the whole deck i can only do draw card. Is that correct that I have to select the entire deck each time or can i somehow tell it it's always a whole deck and then i could always select how many i want?
Yes, you have to select the whole deck any time you want to draw more than one card.
goatee wrote:my players cannot stack and stagger do they need to be owners? Do I then make them owners each time they draw new cards?
I believe anyone has access to the stack & stagger commands, but they must have ownership of the units in question (e.g., owner set to "Everyone"). The act of Drawing a card/s automatically sets ownership to the player who drew the card/s. You do NOT have to change ownership of the card/s manually. When you Discard a card, ownership is automatically set back to "Everyone".
goatee wrote:The card table seems so much easier but I think if i could get the card manipulation down in the long run the board table would be more beneficial. The tutorials are great, maybe an in depth one on controls?
Wish I had the time to make a good tutorial video. Or a good promotional/marketing video. Or even a decent gameplay video. Sigh. :(
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.