Dice Macros & Text

"How Do I...?"
Mr Crumbly
Sergeant

Dice Macros & Text

Post by Mr Crumbly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:27 am

Hi,

Is it possible to have text added to a dice result? I'm setting up one of Two Hour Wargames' settings and one of the tables requires a result of 1d6 + REP (the reputation of the figure, normally 1-6). As an aide memoire, I'd like the Dice Roll Results Screen to show as follows (on a result of 3, for example):

Table Result: 3+REP

The text would always be the same.

The only way I've been able to come up with so far is to set up a Reference Table which lists all the possible results (in this case 1-6) and text for each number which reads 1+REP, 2+REP etc.

It would be useful to have either a free text box which you can add to the dice result or the option to display the dice result + the result of a lookup on a reference table.

Apologies if any of this is already in place - I've scoured the manual but can't find it!

Regards,

Alan

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:38 am

The way you've handled it is the only way that can be done right now, short of attaching a customized dice macro to each unit with the relevant modifier already assigned. Note that it is possible to make the dice macro a global one that can then be attached to a unit and customized.

I am making note of this as a feature request.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mr Crumbly
Sergeant

Re: Dice Macros & Text

Post by Mr Crumbly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Thanks, Heruca.

I'd thought of the idea of attaching a customised roll to each figure. It will work for units that start off the game on the board, but will be more awkward for those added on the fly during the game. Still, at least it will work one way or another.

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,

Alan

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Could units added during the game be loaded using a Deployment file, so that the dice macro is already pre-configured for it?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Mr Crumbly
Sergeant

Post by Mr Crumbly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:53 pm

I'll have to think about that idea. The way the game works is that possible enemy forces are resolved at the time that they are encountered, so I'd have to allow for all the various types of enemy there could be. Also the REP of each figure can vary, so that would need to be factored in as well.

Food for thought, though.

Thanks again,

Alan