3rd Patry Map Question

"How Do I...?"
Devilfire
Soldier

3rd Patry Map Question

Post by Devilfire » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:52 am

I am demo'ing BattlegroundRPG with every intention of purchasing it, probably within the next week. I have enjoyed and liked most of the features I have played with so far. So now my question.

I use Campaign Cartographer from time-to-time to make my maps. I read the section in the manual about third party maps. I am not sure of the corrolation between campagne cartographer and BattlegroundRPG. So basically can anyone tell me what size i should make my maps in campaign cartographer, so that i won't have to resize for a 40x40 grid map in RPG.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Welcome, Devilfire.

I can't really answer your question since I am not familiar with Campaign Cartographer's export options.

My hunch is that it's probably worth just exporting a bitmap from CC at whatever size, then resizing and/or cropping the image in an image editor prior to bringing it into BRPG.

Hopefully some BRPG user who is familiar with the CC2/CC3 workflow can field the question better.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Neither the map height nor the width should exceed 4000 pixels. Best to use the map-sizing chart provided in the User Manual.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Devilfire
Soldier

Post by Devilfire » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:25 am

Thanks for the response, i will try the numbers and see how it works with CC3. The real problem is when you setup a map in CC3 it just says Width Units and Height Units. No indication of what the units actually are (i.e. pixels or what). I am making the map as 4000x3600, i will let you know how it turns out following the steps in the Battleground RPG manual.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:40 am

Let me know how it turns out, so that I can properly advise CC users in the future. Good luck!