Custom Txt Files

"How Do I...?"
Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Custom Txt Files

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 am

There seems to be text files (*.txt) that allow the user to customize what is seen in certain pull down menus..... Labels, Map Scale , etc..... but I can't seem to locate one for AOE. I am attempting to create an "aura" subtopic by recoloring some of the other AOE ranges.... I can get it to re-colorize the AOE slide, but have no way to attach it to an object or figure.

heruca
Developer

Re: Custom Txt Files

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:44 pm

Sorry, there is no customizable external text file for defining the AoE Overlays.

But have you seen this thread?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:17 pm

heruca wrote:Sorry, there is no customizable external text file for defining the AoE Overlays.

But have you seen this thread?
Yes, the thread (as I eluded above) does define how to make them ( I can accomplish that) but getting them to appear in the AOE list to attaché to a token is the problem I am encountering. It seems without being able to modify the AOE pulldown list there is no way to attach the "new" AOEs created. Unless I am overlooking something? For Aura effects and fear ranges, I have been forced to utilize modifying the base size (not preferable but works).
IS there a better method?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:47 pm

I place the custom overlay as an Object (at 100% scale), then I use the Anchor command after selecting both the figure that it should be attached to and the overlay object. I can thereafter drag the figure around and the AoE template moves with it.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm

The AoE overlay can then be hidden or shown as needed, independently of the figure it is attached to.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Ah ok, cool, That works thanks.....
Curious though.... why did you not do that with all the AOEs ?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:59 pm

The anchor feature did not exist when I implemented AoEs. Nor did multi-unit selections, for that matter.