need clarification on using BGE

"How Do I...?"
Priyan

need clarification on using BGE

Post by Priyan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:51 am

I am planning to use BGE to design my experiment which is a game to be played between two group of four players each. I intend to design the game in BGE so can you please clarify my doubts.
I will need your input whether it is possible to design the game with following requirements in BGE:
1. There will be cards to be added/ removed by players.
2. The addition and removal of cards to follow some rules
3. provide termination conditions for game
4. display stats at the end of game based on some calculation

​I will also wish to whether possible to ​convert the game design in BGE to .exe format.

heruca
Developer

Re: need clarification on using BGE

Post by heruca » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 am

Welcome, Priyan.

Adding and removing cards is possible and easy. However, there is no rules enforcement in BGE. You apply the rules yourself, just as you would in a face-to-face game.

BGE does not automatically track game statistics (beyond very basic things, like keeping track of the turn number), but it does provide a way for you to manually enter in data (via editable text labels, values tracked in the Turn Sequencer, etc.).

You can't convert your game design into an executable, but you can compile your game into an easily-distributable bundle for other BGE (or BRPG) users to play it.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.