Would this be able to make an original game?

"How Do I...?"
Amaria

Would this be able to make an original game?

Post by Amaria » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:52 am

Hi there. I would like to ask something. Can I make a new game out of this? The current mechanics I have planned is a grid, some pawns, and cards.

This might be a stupid question, but I haven't seen anything that convinced me that this can create a game from scratch. Sorry for the stupid question.

rab46
Captain

Re: Would this be able to make an original game?

Post by rab46 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:29 am

Hi Amaria. There is no such thing as a stupid question! Short answer is yes if you have the graphic files for the various components. When I started converting games it took a little trial and error to figure it out, but I got comfortable with it pretty quickly. If you decide to proceed and hit something that stumps you just ask here for help. Good luck!

heruca
Developer

Re: Would this be able to make an original game?

Post by heruca » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:10 pm

Amaria wrote:I haven't seen anything that convinced me that this can create a game from scratch.
Hi Amaria. I imagine you are asking in regards to BGE? The answer is yes, and in theory you should be able to make games that wouldn't even be practical or possible as a printed game. Have you seen the BGE tutorial videos?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.