How to Clear Prefs

"How Do I...?"
Farland
High Commander

How to Clear Prefs

Post by Farland » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:54 am

Heruca, can you please post instructions in this thread on how to clear prefs for BRPG between versions? It seems like something that is necessary to do often (at least for the time being). I recommend that you then make this thread sticky.

Thanks!
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:30 pm

Good idea.

Here is where the preference files are stored on Mac OS X:
[YourUserFolder]:Library:Application Support:Macromedia:Director MX 2004:Battlegrounds RPG Edition:Prefs:

In Windows, the preference files are stored in an invisible folder located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Macromedia\Director MX 2004\Battlegrounds RPG Edition\Prefs\

(Replace "Administrator" with your windows account name. That's a hidden folder so you may have to adjust your folder viewing options).

In Windows 8, the preferences file are stored here, instead:
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Director MX 2004\Battlegrounds RPG Edition\Prefs

After deleting the actual prefs files (you probably don't need to delete the "License.txt" file), launch BRPG, then open the Preferences panel. Set everything back to the way you like it on each of the two screens there. When you're done, new prefs files will have been created for you.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

canadrian
Soldier

Saved!

Post by canadrian » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:49 pm

I had opened BRPG when I had two displays hooked up, and moved the window to a secondary display. Now that I'm on one display, the BRPG window was off the screen and I couldn't get it back! Hooray for this tip - deleting the preferences fixed the problem. :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Welcome, canadrian.

Glad you got your problem solved.

I still have a lot of work to do to optimize BRPG for use with multiple displays. One of these days, I'll need to hook up a second display on my development computer, so that I can program those little details properly. Hmm, I wonder if I need a second video card for that...
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Re:

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 pm

heruca wrote:. Hmm, I wonder if I need a second video card for that...
not necessarily, I have two 47" TVs for my gaming tabletop that I run a second session on. FYI I use a usb connected HDMI conversion cable that doesn't require an additional video card (cost $45 US) you can string up to 6 of these (so it says). Based on use at work and reviews, this application is good for static display.. you wont be playing any 1st person shooters, but so far works perfect for the static maps of BRRPG....

And thanks for the link to resolve the disappearing Turn issue....
FYI on Windows 8 the path seems to be
C:\Users\GM the DM\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Director MX 2004\Battlegrounds RPG Edition\Prefs

In others users case, GM the DM would be replaced with their own user log on.

Thanks for Rapid Resolve

heruca
Developer

Re: Re:

Post by heruca » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Dark Lord Galen wrote:FYI on Windows 8 the path seems to be
C:\Users\GM the DM\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Director MX 2004\Battlegrounds RPG Edition\Prefs
Thanks, I've edited my post above to include the Windows 8 path.