Order of Battle panel

heruca
Developer

Order of Battle panel

Post by heruca » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:53 pm

One element common to most wargames is scenarios that define the Order of Battle (OB). This is a list of all the units that are going to be used in the given scenario. A panel of some sort could list these units and serve as a unit pool for initial deployment of units on the map. As a given unit is deployed on the map (game board), the total number of these units available would be automatically decreased, until there are no more units of that type to deploy.

Perhaps this panel could also be used to manage reinforcements that are scheduled to arrive on a particular game turn.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

BTS1967
General

Post by BTS1967 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:47 pm

Scenario based initiative would be big on this one. Now I am not a big standard war game player but one I have played a lot is Tide of Iron. Each scenario drives who can place what and where.

It would be a nice to have feature to be able to pass turns based on a scenario. The utility managed scenario sequence would be a nice to have and a later vs early feature as it can be managed by the players easily.

BTS