Terrain modifiers & movement rules

BTS1967
General

Terrain modifiers & movement rules

Post by BTS1967 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 pm

It would be nice to be able to "hot link" an area on the board and associate it with a terrain type. Then when moving through that terrain type it would automatically enforce the movement rules.

At first I wasnt even going to post this as it felt too controlling but then got to thinking about how often we are always looking up the terrain modifiers in every game we play.

Some games have an extensive number of terrain modifiers; DoA comes to mind.

BTS

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes, I agree. I'm not one for automated rules generally, but movement speed is a pain to keep track of manually.

This could be handled similarly to FoW masking. A simple drawing layer for movement difficulty, and/or the ability to set each cell to a particular terrain type. I would prefer the former, of course.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:45 pm

This might get complicated, considering some games use different movement penalties for different unit types. And then there are odd rules that might need to be accounted for, such as "you only get this move bonus if you spent your entire turn moving along road hexes".
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.