"Macromedia projector has stopped working"

Re: "Macromedia projector has stopped working"

Postby B.O.B. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:01 am

So Win 98 mode is technically working but less then ideal. For instance, it has seemed to have lost my floating user license.
It is also giving me mondo grief about my maps that are > 4k. Before the app decided to completely stop working, it handled maps > 4k just fine.
B.O.B.
Soldier

Postby heruca » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:23 am

BRPG has never handled maps greater than 4000x4000 pixels well. The reason is that the Fog of War feature can't generate images large enough to cover the entire map.

Is your GM license unaffected? Odd about your Floating License being lost. It might be that Win 98 expects preferences files in a different location on your hard drive than Win 10 does. This forum thread contains the correct filepaths where prefs files should reside for BRPG to "see" them. You might try copying them over from the Win 10 location to the Win 98 location.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Xochi » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi All,

Same issue so its just more of a confirmation at this time. Safe Mode works. Windows 98 compatibility sorta works (It likes to have script errors and just crash anytime I do anything like switch from square to hex.) So its currently unusable.
Xochi

Postby heruca » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:19 am

Bummer! I was under the impression that it worked OK in Win 98 compatability mode. :(
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.
heruca
Developer

Postby Xochi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:36 am

Is there anything you'd like me to screenshot or test in order to aid you with this bug? I am always open to helping developers best I can.
Xochi

Postby heruca » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:40 am

It's not really a bug on my end. Everything was working fine until a new version of an nVidia video card driver was pushed out via a Windows Update. It pretty much depends on them fixing the bug they introduced.
heruca
Developer

Postby Xochi » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:51 am

Welp looks like its the waiting game for me.
Xochi

Postby heruca » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:34 am

Try removing "ShockWave 3D Asset Xtra" from the "Xtras" folder and see if that allows the app to launch.

Another thing to try, which I am re-posting from another forum:
"Another solution I found:In the Nvidia control panel, in the tab Global Settings, CUDA GPU value, put to nothing, or uncheck the card you have."

I have also seen it suggested that installing an older nVidia driver (368.81) might allow Director-based apps to run.
heruca
Developer

Previous

Return to Customer Support