Working Now on a MacBook Pro (Intel)

heruca
Developer

Re: Upgraded Intel Mac to Flash 9.0 r18 beta

Post by heruca » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:37 am

geolama wrote:On the Unit Manager window, the Tool Tip for the buttons shows up under the vertical slider so you can't quite read all the text.
This is fixed for v1.0.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

hjmaier
Captain

Post by hjmaier » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:27 am

Does BRPG run native on an Intel Mac now?

Best regards
hj

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:47 am

Welcome, hjmaier.

No, BRPG runs under Rosetta emulation on Intel Macs.

It's fast enough, however, that I'm actually planning on animating the most-processor intensive task (Fog of War rendering) in a future release, so that certain light sources (e.g., candles and torches) will seem to flicker, and have a soft, realistic edge to them (by using a gradient in the alpha channel, vs. the hard edge of light reveals in current BRPG releases). Of course, this animated lighting effect will be optional, so that BRPG can still run OK on older and slower computers.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

hjmaier
Captain

Post by hjmaier » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am

Thank you for the quick reply.

Best regards
hj

p.S. I just purchased a GM and the 5 floating licences pack.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks for your order. Please check your email account that you used with PayPal, if you haven't already. I sent you instructions for claiming your licenses.

oleingva
General

Post by oleingva » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:08 pm

That sounds SO cool, heruca . . . I think I'd really love that feature, even if it hogs processing power.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm

I don't think you'll miss a milisecond or two every 5 or 10 seconds.

hjmaier
Captain

Post by hjmaier » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:46 am

This is not a complaint, I am just curious.

What is the reason, why BRPG is still running only under Rosetta and not native under Intel Macs? Is it because of the Programming enviroment you use?

Best regards
hj

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:26 am

hjmaier wrote:What is the reason, why BRPG is still running only under Rosetta and not native under Intel Macs? Is it because of the Programming enviroment you use?
Yeah, BRPG is programmed using Director 10, which doesn't support intel macs natively.

I believe Director 11 does, which heruca will upgrade to eventually. The problem with Director 11 is that it does not support several of the third party plugins that BRPG depends on, so the upgrade will probably have to wait until BRPG v2.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 am

That sums it up pretty well.