Netbooks

LeadMonky
Cannon Fodder

Netbooks

Post by LeadMonky » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Couple of questions. First off would a netbook be able to run this? Second has anyone tried to GM using a Netbook? And thirdly can you take a image from a Dungeon PDF and use it as the game map? Thanks ~ LeadMonky

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 am

Welcome, LeadMonky.

What is the resolution on your netbook? If it's at least 1024 x 768, you should be able to run BRPG on it. But be aware that you may need to do more panning and scrolling than someone with a much higher resolution would (and for that, you'll want a mouse with a scrollwheel, rather than a trackpad).

If I were you, I'd try out the free Demo on your netbook, to make sure you're happy with the performance (especially in regards to Fog of War updates).

You would need a third-party utility to extract images from PDFs, unless you're content with a simple screen capture.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

LeadMonky
Cannon Fodder

Post by LeadMonky » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:46 pm

I realized I can hook up a monitor to my netbook so that problem is solved. The netbook screen is just to small, the Turn Sequencer took up 1/2 the screen. But with this 19" everything looks great. I'll be posting in the other part of the forums, see if I can find someone to check this out with. Thanks for the quick response.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:50 pm

You can resize the Turn Sequencer, if you need to (although there is still a certain minimum size).

The dice macro window is probably a bigger issue than the TS, since it is not resizable.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

MadWelshWizard
Sergeant

Post by MadWelshWizard » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Hey Heruca,

I didn't start a new topic as this one covers some of it.

I can't use BPRG on my Asus Eee PC 1005A as when I open the dice roll window I cannot see the top section where the dice images are or the bottom section. It doesn't fill my screen but seems to be in a fixed window, the top of which extends past the top of my screen and the bottom edge cuts off the bottom options. (Screen Grab attached) This also happens on the figure placing screen so that the okay buttons at the bottom cannot be seen and you have to exit it via ESC (loosing the inputted name).

My resolution is 1024x600, I can plug into my spare 1280x768 19" and have a 1080 connected to my main rig but was hoping it would be portable (for those long journeys and days in the park).

Is this fixable ? Can a resizable dice rolling screen be fetured in a future release ? Or alternatively can the windows have a scroll bar added ?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,

Craig
Attachments
Dice Roll Screen on Asus Eee PC.png
Dice Roll Screen on Asus Eee PC.png (327.11 KiB) Viewed 3927 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 pm

See my reply here.