Demo won't let Clients join! Why!?

Razzelmire
Cannon Fodder

Demo won't let Clients join! Why!?

Post by Razzelmire » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Ok, I downloaded the Demo Battlegrounds and I wanted to host a game on it to try it out.

But when I use my internal IP, they can't connect. So I give them my external IP, that doesn't work either. It also doesn't work vice versa. My friend hosted a game using the demo and I can't connect to him on his external IP at all. It just keeps saying Establishing Connection but never establishes one.

Now, my other laptop can connect to the room I have my original PC hosting, I don't know why, but it can. Maybe because it's the same network.

Point is, it's kinda lame and I'd like to know how to fix that? How do I get clients to join my room?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:22 pm

I suspect both you and your friend have routers, in which case whoever is hosting the game session needs to set up port-forwarding. Look here for help with that.

Routers are designed to keep incoming connections out (for security) unless you explicitly open a port and forward it to a computer on your local network.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.