Post Game Assessment Part Deux

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post Game Assessment Part Deux

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:50 am

Ran another session this last weekend and after some headaches with an overly complicated tile map generating a really large media asset file which couldn't be e-mailed to some of my players, it was pretty smooth. We had one strange error, though. Periodically we would "lose" the whole Dice Table and be unable to bring it up via button or the "R" key- I suspect it might be because one player didn't update correctly when he tried to install the patch (because he also threw the only Script Error we had on the evening, with a d100 roll) so things went pretty smooth. The players did have to shut down their program and reconnect to get the Dice Table back, and when I lost it towards the end of the session, I was able to fudge around it by using the various dice macros I had already created since I didn't want to try to force everybody to reconnect. The only other issue I saw was twice I crashed when rotating a just-placed figure with the mouse wheel. So basically, it went pretty smooth!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:57 am

I'm guessing you weren't using v1.6i.
ReadMe for v1.6i wrote:Bug fix: In a multi-player game session, an error would sometimes occur on other connected clients if "Animate Dice Rolls" was enabled in Preferences and someone sent a dice roll containing percentile (d100) dice.
If the Dice Roller window ever disappears and you are using v1.6c or later, you can hold down the Shift key while pressing the [R] hotkey to make the Dice Roller window reappear, centered in your display.

There is no fix yet for the crashing that some Windows users are sometimes seeing when they try to rotate units with the mouse's scrollwheel. I suggest you use the unit rotation hotkeys [-/+] instead.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Re: Post Game Assessment Part Deux

Post by heruca » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:01 am

TRIAD4Evr wrote:some headaches with an overly complicated tile map generating a really large media asset file which couldn't be e-mailed to some of my players
Suggestion: Use Dropbox (or any equivalent program/service) to distribute files that are too large to email.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:39 am

I'll have to check that out as I've not heard of the service. Thanks for the heads up!