What happened to my order?!!

heruca
Developer

What happened to my order?!!

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:39 pm

I get this sort of email a lot:
"I placed an order at the BG Store but I haven't received my software activation code/s (and/or Artpack or Game Box registration code/s and download link/s)."
So I'd like to clarify the order process for those who haven't read the information posted on the Battlegrounds Games website. I'd also like to take the opportunity to elaborate a bit on the information that is posted.

Software License Codes
Issuing license codes is not an automated process. It's not like you place your order via PayPal and some server automatically sends you your license key codes. It's a manual process, and that manual process begins by you sending me your computer's (or external hard drive's) Challenge Code, which is shown in BRPG's "License" panel. Everyone who places an order for the software is sent to this web page immediately after finishing the ordering procedure. Unfortunately, the vast majority of customers must not be reading it, because they do not send me their Challenge Code until after I send them an email asking them to do so.

Artpack and Game Box Registration Codes
Like the software itself, these items are tied to your Challenge Code. In most cases, customers order these items after the initial software purchase, and I therefore generally already have the customer's Challenge Code, so all the customer needs to do is wait for me to send them their Registration Codes and the download links to the commercial content they have purchased. If, however, you ordered one of these items at the same time as you ordered your software client/s (e.g, if you ordered the Deluxe GM Bundle), please send me your Challenge Code, as discussed above.

Order Response Time
On the website, I ask customers to please allow up to 24 hours to receive their codes. I said that to prevent a flood of emails from overly-impatient customers, but the truth is, most orders are fulfilled either within a few minutes or within an hour or two, unless the order comes in in the middle of the night and I am asleep (in which case the order is fulfilled first thing in the morning, while I'm having my morning coffee). :)

"How can I expedite my order?"
For faster service, try to place your order on a weekday during normal EST business hours.

If you specify your Challenge Code while filling out the PayPal payment form (use the "Send a Note to the Developer" text field), you save time. I won't have to email you to inquire about your Challenge Code, nor wait for your response, so I can just go ahead and fulfill the order immediately. Another thing that sometimes delays the order fulfillment process is customers who send me the wrong Challenge Code (either because of a typo, or because they left off a minus sign at the beginning of the code). This results in the Response Code I send them not working (why would it?), and the ensuing exchange of emails slows things down.

Very, Very Important
If you place an order and the email address that you have associated with your PayPal account is not valid, you could be out of luck and out some money. I'll send you your codes, but the email will bounce back to me and I will have absolutely no way of contacting you! So please ensure that PayPal has a valid email address for you before you place your order.

Sometimes, I will send customers their codes but my email will be blocked by an over-zealous spam filter, and the end result is that the customer never sees it and mistakenly thinks I have simply screwed them out of their money. To avoid this unfortunate situation, I suggest you configure your anti-spam software to not consider an email spam if it contains the word "Battlegrounds" in the email's Subject line.

I will always send customers their codes using the following email address: heruca at mac dot com. If you have spam-blocking software that requires you to validate emails from every sender, I suggest you add me to your "allowed senders" list.

I guess that's it. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by heruca on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:47 pm

There is a customer by the last name of Goodrich (whose email address contains "venicenightowl") who keeps placing an order and I cannot reach him because the email address he has provided to PayPal is invalid. If by chance you read this, please contact me with a valid email address.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

KyleEricShaffer

p56 Does not explain how to activate

Post by KyleEricShaffer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:03 pm

So I purchase this software only to get a message that you need my "Challenge Code" and that this would be explained further on page 56 of the User Manual.. but on Page 56 all it talks about is "Label (available for figures only) Text labels can be assigned to any figure, to help the GM and player remember important facts, such as postures, etc.....", am I missing something. I would very much like to use this software but seems I'm missing something

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:11 am

Sorry, that used to be the correct page number, but now that I released a far more complete/thorough User Manual, the correct page number to refer to is pg. 146 (the "Licensing BRPG" section).

Thanks for pointing out that this needs updating. I just tried to do so, but I am getting an odd "Disk full" message from the server. I will try again tomorrow.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 am

OK, it's fixed now.

BEN
Cannon Fodder

Re: What happened to my order?!!

Post by BEN » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:56 pm

Hello,

I have recieved your response code yet after copying and pasting it in I have recieved an invalid code response message.

The license type selected is correct (GM) and I am not sure what to do.

I have purchased to run a game for my son on his birthday in 12 hours and am aiming to work through the night to build a campaign worthy.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

Thanks,

Ben

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Welcome, Ben.

If you're THE person who bought a GM license today, I just sent you an email. It seems you omitted the minus sign from the Challenge Code you submitted. Expect a new Response Code soon.

BEN
Cannon Fodder

Post by BEN » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:09 pm

That was me lol.

Sorry for confusion and thanks for your fast response.

My son will be grateful. :D

*update - got your code and it has done the business. Many thanks again.