Art Packs must be installed on all computers?

TRIAD4Evr
General

Art Packs must be installed on all computers?

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:17 am

I don't know if it's a bug or a misunderstanding on my part- does an Art Pack have to be installed on all the clients? I ask because last night when we were playing (with 1.6j), a couple figures came up as blank spaces with a question-mark for my players- both were from additional art packs I had (as the GM) installed on my machine, one of which I bought, one of which was free. Is this supposed to be that way? Am I to understand that I must have all of my players buy any art pack I wish to use? I tried to export "Encounter Assets" and have them import them, but it didn't have an effect. Please advise. I need to know if there's even any point in pursuing future art packs. If all my players must buy them, I just won't use them, because I can't expect them to put out that kind of money just to connect to my game. Let me know!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:46 am

Artpacks which contain only Maps and Fog of War Overlays (e.g., "Base Map Pack 1", or either of the Ravenlands artpacks) do not need to be installed by the players, since the content is all server-based.

All other artpacks must be installed by the players prior to logging in, if the GM is going to use a given artpack in a given game session. Otherwise the players will see placeholder tokens with a "?" symbol, instead of the actual art.

Free artpacks are free for everyone, and commercial artpacks only need to be purchased by the GM. This is clearly stated in each Product Announcement.

When a GM purchases a commercial artpack/s, I send them an email with download link/s for their purchased artpack/s, which they should forward to their players (exception: map-only artpacks, see above).
Last edited by heruca on Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:50 am

Using the "Export Encounter Assets" command will export only media that is not from an artpack. It should be fairly obvious why I designed it that way.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Ah, see, there's the step I was missing- the one where my players can download the artpacks from the link _I_ was given... I didn't grasp that. Okay, well, that's an easy enough fix... thanks for your quick response!