Shockwave

Stuball3D

Shockwave

Post by Stuball3D » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:57 am

I had the "Shockwave Required" error, and fixed it. Thought I'd tell everyone what happened since other posts didn't really address a possible fix.

I used PeaZip to extract all files into a directory. However, PeaZip doesn't recognize the subfolders within the .zip file. So when I extracted 'everything,' it only extracted the five files that PeaZip saw. (Same with 1.7 patch)

Opened the .zip file using the File Manager and saw about 10 subdirectories not shown in PeaZip. Once I extracted all those, then everything worked (as far as my 5 min of playing around so far could tell me).

tl;dr: Try different unzipping program. And/Or try updating current unzipping program. Make sure ~5 files and ~10 subdirectories are extracted.

STeven H

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am

I'm glad you figured out the problem. Wow, that's a pretty severe limitation (bug?) in PeaZip! Thanks for sharing this info with us.

I always recommend using the OS's built-in unzipping utility, if possible. There have been numerous reports of third-party utilities causing problems.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

giorgiotani

Re: Shockwave

Post by giorgiotani » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 am

Hi, I'm author of PeaZip, I saw this report and tried to replicate the issue on BRPG_v1_7_Patch.zip and BRPGv1_6mWin.zip files.
It seems related to a bug fixed in 3.6.2 release, and does not happens with new PeaZip 3.7.
Now all files are shown in the archive manager even if records for directories are omitted in the original archive, as some compression utilities does.
The bug was on displaying files in the file manager, not in the extraction itself, so extracting the entire archive will avoid the problem also with older releases of PeaZip, if you extract the entire archive.
In example, you can extract from system's context menu or, whithin PeaZip, perform extract all (i.e. in application's context menu).
Regards.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, giorgiotani.

I guess anyone still using an older version of PeaZip should upgrade to the latest version to take advantage of the bug fixes.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:55 am

Let me chip in and tell you that we use PeaZip at work, since it was only one of the few archivers that could handle our files :D