Can't load any maps

GravitysAngel
Soldier

Can't load any maps

Post by GravitysAngel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:00 am

I'm using Battlegrounds RPG edition 1.6m on Mac OS X. I have a GM license and floating licenses.

I can't load any maps using Change Map, including the samples that come with it, like Desert Ripples. When I do, I get:

"Map Unavailable"
"You have loaded an Encounter that requires a map which has not yet been imported into the program. Please import the map using the Change Map command."

I'm not using an Encounter at all.

When I do load an Encounter with a map set in it, the map does load fine.

My map files are PNGs of 4000x4000 or smaller. These are the same Maps I was using with v1.4i and they all worked great. Is there a Batch Import equivalent for Maps?

I've attached a sample.
Attachments
goblinhouse1.png
goblinhouse1.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 3633 times

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:23 am

Very weird. Have you tried rebooting? Could it be some sort of read/write permissions issue with the "User Cast.cxt" file?

Is all this happening with a fresh Full Install, or is it after having tried to move over files from an older installation?

There is no Batch Import for maps because most computers would run out of RAM after importing just a couple of maps. Using the "Change Map" command imports the map and immediately saves the "User Cast" file, to free up RAM for future imports.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

GravitysAngel
Soldier

Post by GravitysAngel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:37 am

Aha, thanks for the clue. I grabbed a new copy of User Cast and replaced it, and now it's working.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:38 am

More questions:

1) Are you by chance running multiple instances of BRPG after having only duplicated the executable, rather than the entire BRPG folder?

2) By any chance have you batch-imported hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of media assets into BRPG?

Edit: Never mind, you posted while I was writing the above.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

GravitysAngel
Soldier

Post by GravitysAngel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:03 am

I did both, duplicate the folder for a client copy and import lots of figures.