Zip file for 1.7e is empty?

ThinIzzy
Soldier

Zip file for 1.7e is empty?

Post by ThinIzzy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:23 pm

When I open the zip file for the 1.7e beta, I show no files or folders inside it whatsoever. When I attempt to do a full extraction, Windows 7 gives me an error saying the file is invalid. Anyone else running into this?

Kazander
General

Post by Kazander » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 pm

No, I had no problem with it.

I did notice however that there was an extra level of folder in it than usual. There was a top-level folder just named '.' (dot), and I had to drill down into that to get into the 'BRPG_v1_7e_Patch' folder, and from there into the two folders which say 'Put contents in....'.

ThinIzzy
Soldier

Post by ThinIzzy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Kazander wrote:No, I had no problem with it.

I did notice however that there was an extra level of folder in it than usual. There was a top-level folder just named '.' (dot), and I had to drill down into that to get into the 'BRPG_v1_7e_Patch' folder, and from there into the two folders which say 'Put contents in....'.
Just went in and double-checked for that and I don't even see that.

I've accessed prior patches for Battlegrounds before without trouble so reading zip files in general isn't the issue.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:12 am

Is this an issue with the Full Install, the Patch, or both?
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

TRIAD4Evr
General

Post by TRIAD4Evr » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Izzy was using the patch. I had to send him the files one at a time. Not sure if he tried a full install.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

ThinIzzy, and anyone else who had trouble opening the original zip file for the BRPG v1.7e Patch should download the attached file. Let me know if it unzips properly for you this time.

If it turns out that this fixes the issue, I will post this in the main v1.7e download thread (replacing the original zip file).
Attachments
BRPG_v1_7e_Patch.zip
(3.78 MiB) Downloaded 145 times
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.