Turn Sequencer Column Width

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Turn Sequencer Column Width

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:23 pm

Also, is there a way to modify the column widths? Some could be reduced since the number would never be wider than 2 digits.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:24 pm

Sure. In the Turn Sequencer, click on the "Configure..." button to open the Turn Sequencer Configuration Wizard. Then navigate forward until you get to the screen showing a preview of the TS columns. On that screen you can resize the columns, just as you would resize a column in a spreadsheet program. You can also rearrange their order via dragging-and-dropping on the green "handles".

This resizing is shown in a video that I link to in this forum post.
Last edited by heruca on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:31 pm

You can also add line returns to value names, to allow for narrower columns.

For example, instead of naming a value "Maximum Speed" (which would result in a very wide column), you could name it "Maximum" then type a line return, then type the word "Speed" on the second line.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Re: Turn Sequencer Column Width

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Though this thread addresses Column Width, I though it would be good to ride along with the Turn Sequencer part.....
Is there a way to increase the Font size within the Turn Sequencer? Even if I had to do it within the preferences outside of BG would work, (at one time Windows 3.1 would allow the user to set diferent font styles within pop ups, Windows 8 doesnt seem to do such.) So looking for maybe a subfile that defines font sizing for BGRP?

The standard font size is too small for my players, changing the resolution for t he display effects the maps as well... thoughts?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:12 am

That font size is not user-configurable (at least not yet). The best solution would be to use a 2nd display (with just the Turn Sequencer showing on it), and lower that display's resolution, so that the Turn Sequencer is easier to read without affecting the map resolution at all. But I realize that not everyone has a 2nd display lying around, so this tip may or may not help.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:53 pm

:( Was afraid of that.... Like you , I had already thought ofthe 2nd monitor (7th actually).... but that is the issue.... the monitor is 24" but the room size is 10x12 so even at a modified resolution of 800x600 (as low as the video card will go) it is difficult to read from the far side of the table....
Currently I am running a 6 monitor set up via two machines, adding the 7th via a mirroring through a laptop...

My 3 monitors support various softwares ( character sheets, my game notes, the DM copy of BGRPG,etc)
I stretch the player display across 2 monitors within the main table.
The 6th is a 42" tv that displays a 2nd copy of the players map as a different scale and at times pictures, and other info....
Like you I realize that my setup is not the norm.

If there were a way to mirror the turnseqencer on opposite ends of the player map ,even that would be a patch fix.... but to my knowledge that isnt possible either...

OH well, Thanks for the rapid response that is apreciated.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 am

How does this work for you? Try downloading the image and showing it on your TS display.

The font in the header bar is Blake, 20 pt. (up from 13 pt.).

The font in the unit list is Tahoma, 18 pt. (up from 12 pt.).

The idea is to allow the GM to choose whether to use the large or small fonts, not to allow them to specify ANY font and/or font size.
Attachments
Large TS Font Size.png
Large TS Font Size.png (45.36 KiB) Viewed 4765 times

Dark Lord Galen
Captain

Post by Dark Lord Galen » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Actually yes!

The title for the columns were less of a problem (mainly because it seems to default to a BOLD font style)
The Unit labels were quite difficult to make out (especially for old eyes like mine!)
BUT,
Would still need it larger though (say 30pt?)
would it be possible to have Normal, Large, Huge?

Or allow the zoom feature to drive the scale like it does for the maps?

As always, Keep up the good work!