Macromedia Projector Error

spackweasel
Cannon Fodder

Macromedia Projector Error

Post by spackweasel » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:30 am

Hi Guys

I have had a look through the forum and want to know if anyone has solved the problem whereby BG crashes with a "Macromedia Projector" error every time it starts ?

Macromedia Projector, I believe, was part of Adobe Shockwave and needed installing in addition to IE in the past but with Windows 10 and Edge its meant to be included.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Spackweasel

heruca
Developer

Re: Macromedia Projector Error

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Welcome, Spackweasel.

Both BGE and BRPG are created with Macromedia Director. All apps created with Macromedia Director are collectively known as "Macromedia Projectors". They are NOT a part of Shockwave.

In the case of BRPG and BGE, which each comes with its own "Xtras" folder, the apps are completely self-contained, meaning you never need to separately install or update Adobe Shockwave, or Flash, or anything. Even if it says so, it isn't true.

I've seen some isolated reports of my apps working just fine on Windows 10 until Windows 10 decides to do an auto-update, and my apps suddenly won't even launch anymore, presenting an error message along the lines of "Macromedia Projector has stopped working". I'll see if I can link you to some troubleshooting suggestions I posted earlier.

Mind you, this is not to be confused with errors that might occur post-launch, such as what happened to this user.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Re: Macromedia Projector Error

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:13 pm

See if anything suggested in this thread helps.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.