Split from BradN's thread

An area to post private discussions of Flash integration development.
Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion List from a dual monitor, large display user

Post by Omnidon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 pm

I whipped up a menubar extension with your desired layout.

Unzip the "menubar.swf" to somewhere in your objects folder, then place it in BRPG as an object.

If you are using BRPGv1.8a, you will need to use the Flash Settings panel to set its background to Transparent. Earlier versions of BRPG use transparent by default.

Position the menubar wherever you want it on the screen, then set it to Floating Object and Unmovable.

You can then disable the Commands panel from the last page of the preferences.

Note that I didn't include any features other than what you requested. I will eventually create a more robust menubar extension with other features and a different layout that will likely appeal to a wider audience, but I figured there's no reason to make you wait. ;-)

Tell me if you have any issues.

Edit by Heruca: File pulled until I can get a response from Omnidon about a potential permissions issue that could wreak havoc with game sessions if this is used.

heruca
Developer

Re: Suggestion List from a dual monitor, large display user

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Omnidon wrote:Unzip the "menubar.swf" to somewhere in your objects folder, then place it in BRPG as an object.
Actually, it probably needs to be placed specifically in the folder called "Flash Objects, Experimental", which is located inside the "Objects" folder.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:06 pm

I've pulled the attachment temporarily. See the edit in Omnidon's post above.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

Moved these posts to the private forum for now... I'll repost when you're satisfied the issue is resolved.