Forum Tweaks

heruca
Developer

Forum Tweaks

Post by heruca » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:05 pm

Does anyone know how I can set the text entry field background color to something lighter, so that we can see the cursor while we compose messages? I'm still kinda new to phpbb forum tweaking.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Steel Rat
General

Post by Steel Rat » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:05 pm

You should be able to do that in the Edit Styles section of the Admin Panel. You can change all the color values used in the Style Sheet.
Steel Rat
Infinite Ordnance: Military RPG supplements
RPGMapShare.com - Free map and mapping object repository.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:18 pm

Thanks, SR. I'll try that.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Ipstenu
Soldier

Post by Ipstenu » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Any chance making the background lighter? The yellowish on black is making me see spots :oops:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:06 am

When you go to your Profile, is it giving you the option to change to the subSilver theme? Or is subBlack the only choice?

Is anyone else having a problem with the forum's color scheme?

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:12 am

I did at first but I got used to it. From statistics I've read a male is more likely to prefer a dark website while a female the opposite. Having said that, counterintuitively I find lighter pages easier on the eye. My friend runs a Never Winter Night forum here in NZ using phpBB and we tried a few different colors before it went live but settled on very light blue: http://www.nznights.com/forums/index.php

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:14 am

Perhaps you can find a shade that melds with the "highlighted" mid-tone blue in your logo?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:42 am

OK, with Halebop's help, I tested this, and it works.

Just go to your Profile (there's a link to it at top of every forum page). Near the bottom of the Profile screen is a theme selection popup menu. Setting it to "subSilver", then hitting the "Submit" button should provide a viable solution for anyone experiencing problems viewing the current white & yellow on black color scheme (known as the subBlack theme).

Ipstenu
Soldier

Post by Ipstenu » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:46 pm

Ahhh less pretty/site matching, but less painful :) Thank you!

Farland
High Commander

Post by Farland » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:55 pm

A suggested tweak would be to eliminate the screen that comes up after you submit a reply. I think the forum should just take you to the thread you posted in.
The World of Farland: www.farlandworld.com

The best PbP site on the net: www.myth-weavers.com

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:25 am

Heheh that's probably too fancy for our poor overworked programmer. ;-)

It is a good idea though. :idea: I'll be fixing that on my own forums. :!:

Heruca also said he might let me help him with the site though after BRPG is released.

I would just send him the modified file, but this forum is a few versions behind mine.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:36 am

I'll probably implement Farland's suggestion shortly after release, right after I update the phpBB2 version.