Ranking System

heruca
Developer

Ranking System

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:39 pm

I thought it would be fun to add a ranking system to this forum. Since these forums are all about Battlegrounds, I figured it would be appropriate to use ranks related to the battlefield, in very generic terms. So here's how it works:

Code: Select all

POSTS          RANK
0-9            Cannon Fodder
10-24          Soldier
25-49          Sergeant
50-99          Captain
100-499        General
500+           High Commander
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Astinus
Soldier

Post by Astinus » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:23 pm

Nice idea. I guess that makes me Cannon Fodder :? I'd add Major in there somewhere, and make General the highest. Generals run the show.

Heruca, I downloaded BG and tested it last night, and have spent a lot of time on the boards since, and I must say I am blown away by the level of your passion/commitment to this project. It seems you're releasing new features every other day! It's inspiring to see you really making a go of this.

Question: I see you you can select multiple figures with "Ctrl + Click". This is great, but still time consuming if you've got a lot of figures making frequent positional changes. You end up doing an awful lot of "Ctrl clicking". Are there any plans for a "Shift drag" type of tool? Or anything else that would allow players to quickly select groups? Maybe a way to group figures and move them en masse over numerous turns, with the ability to add or remove individual figures from the group? I understand this would be more suited to your planned wargame product, but anything along these lines would be really helpful.

I did read some posts on this but they weren't entirely clear about future plans. The reason I ask is that I'm looking to use BG for a board game. We could have a large number of players in a tournament, but we also need to move large numbers of figures. Other than this feature, the program looks ideal.

And I guess this post also qualifies me for the raffle? :) Thanks and keep up the good work!

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:32 pm

Welcome, Astinus.

Yep, you're in the raffle drawing now. :wink:

My plans are to add the ability to left-click-and-drag a selection rectangle on the map window, and any units inside the rectangle will get selected. I will also have a means to create groups, and assign units to groups. Then you'll be able to select an entire group at once (e.g., the PC party).

In the wargame edition, I'm guessing stacks of counters will auto-group. Haven't really thought that through too much, yet.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Astinus
Soldier

Post by Astinus » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:39 pm

heruca wrote:My plans are to add the ability to left-click-and-drag a selection rectangle on the map window
Sounds perfect. Looking forward to getting licenses and getting started with this.

Alynnalizza
Captain

Post by Alynnalizza » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:48 pm

Woohoo, I'm canon fodder. Oh wait, I shouldn't be excited about that. Or should I? :)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:52 pm

You'll be a grunt...err...soldier...in no time, Alynnalizza. :wink:

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:08 pm

You should make a separate rank for those with 0 posts.

I like "High Commander" better than "General" personally. It has more of a fantasy feel. I'd rather steer away from the conventional ranking systems.
Astinus wrote:I did read some posts on this but they weren't entirely clear about future plans.
Well, there is a Suggestion Summary area of the forum for that purpose. I haven't be directing people to it as much lately because it is badly in need of updating.

Astinus
Soldier

Post by Astinus » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Omnidon wrote:Well, there is a Suggestion Summary area of the forum for that purpose. I haven't be directing people to it as much lately because it is badly in need of updating.
Ahh, excellent. Thanks for the tip Omnidon. Appreciate it.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:42 am

Only 500 post max Heruca? Jeez :roll:
I'll try not to post as much as on DJ, but once LK starts to create BG content ... :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:05 am

I can always raise that limit each time you start to get close to it. :P :lol: