Server outage

heruca
Developer

Server outage

Post by heruca » Sun May 06, 2007 1:35 pm

The Battlegrounds site server went down last night, and only recently came back online. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Rest assured that neither I nor BRPG are ever going to just vanish without a trace, as happened with Ghost Orb.

Sometime in the next month or so, this site will need to be moved to a new server (probably Omnidon's). The changeover will probably be a good time to upgrade to a better forum (one that is more secure from spambots, and allows for images to be uploaded). I'll keep you all posted once I know more.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 pm

Well, due to the old server (or hosting company) failing horribly, we've had to move the site much sooner than expected. The BG site is now being hosted on Omnidon's server. Thanks, Omnidon!

The new DNS should propagate within 24 hours or so, so that everyone will be able to access the site and these forums on the new server.

I believe not a single post was lost during the move, so that's good. :)
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Wed May 09, 2007 11:49 am

heruca wrote: The new DNS should propagate within 24 hours or so, so that everyone will be able to access the site and these forums on the new server.
I'm sure everyone who can't see the site yet will greatly value that insight :lol:

Hopefully everyone can see it now though, since I can and my local DNS is notoriously slow to update.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Wed May 09, 2007 5:44 pm

I didn't notice the change :D
Thanks Omnidon 8)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 pm

I was unable to access the BG site or forums for most of today. But I'm not sure if it was a server outage or just my wonky ISP.

Has anyone else been having sporadic problems accessing this site or forums since we moved to Omnidon's server?

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:16 pm

Nope, but I haven't been too much on this site lately :)

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:01 pm

heruca wrote:I was unable to access the BG site or forums for most of today. But I'm not sure if it was a server outage or just my wonky ISP.
I haven't had any problems, aside from what has already been mentioned.

It's probably your ISP.
Hopefully it'll have better tolerance for the DNS of the webhost I'm planning to switch to.