Site Downtime

Omnidon
Site Admin

Site Downtime

Post by Omnidon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:43 pm

Sorry for the short downtime. Figures it would happen the one day all year that I was out of town. :evil:

It appears to have been caused by some corrupted database tables, which I have managed to repair without losing any data.

I have yet to determine whether this was caused by the webhost or a hacker.

Either way, I will shortly be upgrading the forum to a new version that just came out, and I will likely be moving to a new webhost within the next few days.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:19 am

Thanks for fixing it, Omnidon.

I'm glad it could be resolved quickly. I hate being out of touch with this community, even if it's just for a day.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

greytale
General

Post by greytale » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:50 am

Glad to have it back and thank you Omnidon. Being an IT guy, believe me it always happen when you leave town.

Between the outage here and the download issue on the Dundjinni site I have been going mental at lunch. I actually had to draw today. :lol:

Dormouse
General

Post by Dormouse » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:08 am

Glad to see you back.

The whole site was down for a long time yesterday and that did not look like a database issue. Could be a hacker/server issue.

Then the site returned by there were problems accessing the forums & eventually SQL errors.

Did not work perfectly when I first tried today. The Forum was there but I could not access any posts or log in (though greytale had already posted).

Hope it is OK now.

Congratulations on retrieving all the data.

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:02 pm

I got an error when I accessed the forums just now via a link in a "new post notification" email, so something may still be slightly wonky.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Dormouse wrote:The whole site was down for a long time yesterday and that did not look like a database issue. Could be a hacker/server issue.

Then the site returned by there were problems accessing the forums & eventually SQL errors.
My guess is that the corrupted database tables were caused as a secondary effect of some internal problem (possibly a hacker) on the server.
heruca wrote:I got an error when I accessed the forums just now via a link in a "new post notification" email, so something may still be slightly wonky.
Is this problem still occurring, or is it merely affecting posts that were made right before or right after the server problems?

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:48 pm

Here's the problem. Links in the notification emails are like this:

Code: Select all

http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/viewtopic.php?p=9454#9454
If you just add "forums" in the URL, it works:

Code: Select all

http://www.battlegroundsgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9454#9454

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Ah.
I forgot to reconfigure that when I repaired the database.

Fixed now ;-)

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Confirmed. Working great now. Thx