[OLD] Website outage

heruca
Developer

[OLD] Website outage

Post by heruca » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:55 pm

As many of you know, the BG website was just down for nearly a week. It seems that the webhosting company goofed during a server migration. We're still on the old server for now, but at least the site and the forums are back.

I hope no one thinks that the outage was some sort of sign that BG was going the way of the dodo. It isn't, and rest assured that I would never suddenly "close up shop" like that, without warning. I plan to be around for years to come, and I still have more software updates and add-ons in the works.

I will probably be sending out a Newsletter to the BG mailing list, to let everyone know that the site is back.

Anyway, sorry about the prolonged site outage. It was beyond my control.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

cyberunner8
Captain

Post by cyberunner8 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:24 am

Yes, it was a blip in otherwise fantastic service on your part Heruca. Your hands on approach of Battlegrounds did not have me worried.

On a side note finally got the Armies of the Deep art pack up and running it looks great!

-Cyberunner8 8)
Last edited by cyberunner8 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Re: Website outage

Post by Omnidon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:01 am

heruca wrote:the BG website was just down for nearly a week.
Was more like 3 days, but yeah the web host screwed up the migration to their new servers and they forgot to fix it after I contacted them. :P

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 am

I think the site went down on the 22nd, so that would be 5 days.
:arrow: Please help spread the word about BRPG and BGE, and never hesitate to tell me how I can make them better suit your gaming needs.

Kepli
High Commander

Post by Kepli » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am

Yeah, noticed that. But I also wasn't worried about it :wink:

heruca
Developer

Post by heruca » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 pm

It appears that this site has been now migrated to the new server, and without any problems this time.