Organizing Game/Player Searches and Placement

erian_7
General

Organizing Game/Player Searches and Placement

Post by erian_7 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:54 pm

In doing the mod work over at GhostOrb, we've found the process for connecting players to games has been difficult through the forum, due in large part to folsk just randomly posting a "hey, I wanna play!" or "I might run a game of X." I've started going through their Classifieds section (where they keep the forum topics for placement) on a regular basis to clean things up and also created a summary thread (stickied to the top, with a standard format for listing games/players) that can be maintained for a quick view of who is looking for what. I think it'll work out better.

The ideal, really, would be a web-based database of some sort that folks could enter data into (probably cleared by an admin before posting) that could then be searched by player preference, genre, game system, etc. I'm no DBA, though, so I'm not sticking my hand up for that job!
<>< ;^)

Halebop

Post by Halebop » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:04 am

Hey steal Ghost-Orb's thunder by designing a scheduling system, Player & GM feedback rating system and optional payment button.

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:42 am

Hmmm I've been working on building an online roleplaying community and this is a good idea.

I might integrate it into my site. ;-)
I'll tell you if I do.

Scrotok
Cannon Fodder

Post by Scrotok » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:17 am

www.neverwinterconnections.com works well for NWN :)

JP

Omnidon
Site Admin

Post by Omnidon » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:03 am

Hmm pretty impressive.

I did decide to create a scheduling script for RPing.

Mine won't be quite that fancy any time soon though.
Perhaps someday ;-)

Mine should be less cluttered though, and completely ad-free for the time being 8)